Sign in to follow this  

Lets hear it for the teenagers

All we ever hear about the youth of today is how rude, lawless, unruley, and intimidating they are. However thats only a very small minority of our wonderful british teen, yes they are dopy, dont realise the value of money, communicate in grunts and live in bedrooms you wouldnt subject a dog too, but the majority are also bright, inteligent, kind hearted hard working decent young people (OK they hide it well).

I called into a shop the other night only to find about 20 youths congrigated around the enterance ... looking very intimidating indeed, they wernt doing anything wrong, but the sheer mass of them was enough to make you feel increadable vulnerable, however after seeing me approach most moved out of the way, appologising as they moved ..... and ordered their mates (who hadnt noticed me) to 'shift' for the "lady", i thanked them and on my exit said goodbye to which i got a chorus of " goodnight missis", which was quite amusing from a 20+ strong gang of 6 foot lads.

When my son went to his prom, all the lads met at my house (for champagne) before calling for their respective dates and i can tell you, i was swollen with pride (and cadburys chocolate), Ive watched every one of them develop from children to sulky teens to confident lovely young people.

next time you see a yob doing something unsociable, take a look around, for every 1 yob i bet you see a hundred decent teens.

I have occasion to walk nervy rescue dogs in this neck of the woods, and we have had some very good experiences with groups of teenagers whilst doing so - they're generally pretty dog savvy and more than happy to comply if you ask them to hurry past and not look at the dog on a crowded pavement, and have been happy to instruct friends when encountering them later on our walk :thumbsup:

We've had them knock here for halloween and remember us from a dog walking incident from a year since :)

All we ever hear about the youth of today is how rude, lawless, unruley, and intimidating they are. However thats only a very small minority of our wonderful british teen, yes they are dopy, dont realise the value of money, communicate in grunts and live in bedrooms you wouldnt subject a dog too, but the majority are also bright, inteligent, kind hearted hard working decent young people (OK they hide it well).

I called into a shop the other night only to find about 20 youths congrigated around the enterance ... looking very intimidating indeed, they wernt doing anything wrong, but the sheer mass of them was enough to make you feel increadable vulnerable, however after seeing me approach most moved out of the way, appologising as they moved ..... and ordered their mates (who hadnt noticed me) to 'shift' for the "lady", i thanked them and on my exit said goodbye to which i got a chorus of " goodnight missis", which was quite amusing from a 20+ strong gang of 6 foot lads.

When my son went to his prom, all the lads met at my house (for champagne) before calling for their respective dates and i can tell you, i was swollen with pride (and cadburys chocolate), Ive watched every one of them develop from children to sulky teens to confident lovely young people.

next time you see a yob doing something unsociable, take a look around, for every 1 yob i bet you see a hundred decent teens.

Quite right Pinklady...although in the specific case you mentioned maybe they were all polite towards you because they were admiring your assets ;)

Seriously though I know teenagers who study hard, play musical instruments, volunteer at various charities, go out with mates, phone home when they are told to, don't get hammered every night, plan for their careers, love their siblings and parents etc etc

Unfortunately we usually only hear about the scrotes

Yes, how wonderful teenagers can be !!

There 's nothing more interesting than reading about or hearing about the tangled love-lives of our young ones. How the greatest love of Today can turn into the hated horror of Tomorrow !

What wonderful, articulate, graceful language they all speak, too ! It surely puts Shakespeare [ Who he ? Innit ] to shame, and our leading poets and speakers as well.

Due to their wide experience of life, we should also listen to their sage advice and worldly wisdom. Again, the world 's philosophers could learn a lot from our blessed U.K. teenagers.

And what beauties ! The svelte young boys and girls with their clean hair and unblemished skin who adorn the streets of our little Eden are a pleasure to the eye and balm to the senses.

Lastly, their culture : who could not be thrilled by the melodious rapture of Rap ! Who would not be filled with wonder, having a Saturday Night Out with Britain 's fun-loving youngsters ? Who would not be stimulated by their sizzling insights into the world of books, the arts in general and the world 's problems ?

Britain 's parents can heave a sigh of relief, switch on the telly and open another can, secure in the knowledge that they have done a wonderful job.

Rule Brittania !!

all kids arn,t bad and neither are their parents but alas everyone is tarred with the same brush