Do certain people only see negatives...

Mr pink is one of lifes pessimist, as hes buying the raffle/lotto (or whatever) ticket, hes telling me he wont win and doesnt know why he bothers, me on the other hand, i am quite optimistic about life in general.

I can see his point though, OK I won a tenner on Thunderball last Saturday, but most weeks neither me or Dad win anything on Lottery tickets.

Mr pink is one of lifes pessimist, as hes buying the raffle/lotto (or whatever) ticket, hes telling me he wont win and doesnt know why he bothers, me on the other hand, i am quite optimistic about life in general.

i allways do that (hoping deep down inside im going to be proved wrong ) he may think along the same lines

i allways do that (hoping deep down inside im going to be proved wrong ) he may think along the same lines

I think he is, however after hearing it for over 20 years i want to scream .... 'WELL DONT BUY A BLOODY TICKET THEN' :rolleyes:

I think he is, however after hearing it for over 20 years i want to scream .... 'WELL DONT BUY A BLOODY TICKET THEN' :rolleyes:

i usually say phtt might aswell sling these in the bin now i,ll never win, people like me never win owt

i usually say phtt might aswell sling these in the bin now i,ll never win, people like me never win owt

:o OMG ... theres two of you ? :o

I'm a realist, luckily, my life is pretty good, so I'm mostly happy. I don't think people can be accused of negativity if their lives are genuinely bad.

Still, some people seem unnaturally happy or miserable regardless of personal circumstance. I've always assumed these people to be mad.

I'm naturally taciturn, sullen and miserable. Unfortunately my massive salary, fantastic sex life and amazing holidays always conspire to make me have a generally optimistic outlook on life.

Bugger

I'm basically a positive realist!! But, with the depression, I sometimes have to fight hard not to be totally pessimistic.

My ma-in-law was a total pessimist, and she could be very hard to live with sometimes. You'd say, "Look how beautiful the cherry blossoms are" and her response would be, "Aye, they're bonny - but they'll make an awfa' mess when they fall!". I think her glass was not only half empty, but the contents had gone sour, as well.

How my late partner, her daughter, ended up such a ****-eyed optimist is beyond me. Though, sometimes, unrealistic optimism can be just as difficult to cope with as dour pessimism, because reality tends to rear its ugly head eventually, no matter how positive you are.

I tend to live in the real world and with my depression more often than not I'll tell someone exactly what I'm thinking - whether that be positive or negative. With me...when I'm up I tell the truth with a smile, when i'm down....I'll tell the truth and probably tell you where to get off! :hihi:

I do get a bit peeved with people who are positive all the time - it's as unhealthy as being negative all the time.

Mick :)

I tend to live in the real world and with my depression more often than not I'll tell someone exactly what I'm thinking - whether that be positive or negative. With me...when I'm up I tell the truth with a smile, when i'm down....I'll tell the truth and probably tell you where to get off! :hihi:

I do get a bit peeved with people who are positive all the time - it's as unhealthy as being negative all the time.

Mick :)

I don't get peeved with them, I'm quite envious of them!!!