Waiting For Stuff.

Those of you who read my recent rants on an electric guitar versus an Mp3 player will know that I have a choice of gifts from the Harpy for Christmas.

Well the choice has sort of been made for me.

We bought our five year old an accoustic guitar for chrippy and thats at her grandparents house now where the little monster cant find it on one of her endless searches of the house for hidden presents- its an ordinary guitar, we wanted to get her a pink girly one but we couldnt find one so we got the ordinary one...

Now, the OH went to town today and saw a pink one in a shop and is getting her that one so theres a guitar without an owner...

So.. I suggested that I have the guitar and use it and learn on it and if I like it I can then get a leccy one later next year PLUS have an mp3 player for crippy so basically Im onto a winner here arent I...?

The OH said yes and she`ll ring the daddy in law- my sweet, dear daddy in law and get him to bring it up the next time he visits..

Now, normally theyre always here, and Ive made many rants on here about them constantly visitng us but sods law states that now I actually WANT them to visit, they wont be here until at LEAST next August.

I

Want

That

Guitar

NOW!

I HATE waiting for stuff and often wonder how people who order things from EBAY or mail order catalogues manage, knowing that the item theyre drooling for is going to take weeks to arrive...

The OH just assured me that the inlaws will be visiting tomorrow and they`ll bring the guitar up here then but thats simply not good enough.

I WANT IT NOW!

Theres also the mp4 player which she mentioned, aparrantly Im not going to be allowed to open that until Christmas day...

So SHE thinks!

heh

Any road up, my little sugar dumplings, how do YOU get through these long periods of waiting for stuff that you simply must have NOW!?

Speak, or forever hold my piece.

years ago i ordered the MIGHTY MICROSCOPE from a newspaper and waited full of anticipation .........................what let down:( so now i never build my hopes up

I remember one year my brother and I found our xmas presents in mums big wardrobe drawer. We locked our little sister outside the bedroom (she was 6 years younger than me) and opened (very carefully) what were obviously annuals and read them all the way through. How daft kids can be, come xmas day and they were of no interest so we had to pretend.

Yay, i'm getting a new guitar soon, as soon as i can decide on which one to get!

Infact i'm off to go look at guitars! i don't do waiting, sorry Jabs.

Yay, i'm getting a new guitar soon, as soon as i can decide on which one to get!

Infact i'm off to go look at guitars! i don't do waiting, sorry Jabs.

SWINE!

Oh god thats just made it worse!

its like when you get summat from a store and they ask do you want to take it now or book a delivery and you reply i,ll get it in the car (somehow)

Some psychologists argue that for a male musician the guitar is an extension of his penis, on the grounds that he can play with it for hours on end yet rarely interest anyone else in the fruits of his labours.

I'm sure you have another instrument you can be practicing on till Christmas arrives. ;)

The guitar shop around the corner is starting to get suspicious, i go in like every day, play about 5 different guitars, then buy some Ukulele strings or something similarly small in a vain attempt to convince them my custom is worthy. I need to be more decicive.

Also, if it's any consolation, i've changed my mind i'll not go guitar shopping 'till the morrow now i think.

Every year its the same.

My OH tells me that her family have got me a crippy present, each time they tell her theyve got my present she tells me about it.

They each phone her in turn when they get it and tell her and SHE TELLS ME!

But does she tell me what it is? Does she tell me what theyve got for me?

Does she bloody hellers like.

She`ll say "Oh Mum and dad have got your prezzy" and then "My sis has got your prezzy" and so on...

Of course I THEN spend the next few weeks begging her to tell me what it is theyve got for me and she gets immense pleasure from telling me to bugger off.

its like when you get summat from a store and they ask do you want to take it now or book a delivery and you reply i,ll get it in the car (somehow)

I carried this PC through town when I first bought it, almost doing myself an injury because I couldnt bear to wait for four hours until it was delivered.

Some psychologists argue that for a male musician the guitar is an extension of his penis, on the grounds that he can play with it for hours on end yet rarely interest anyone else in the fruits of his labours.

I'm sure you have another instrument you can be practicing on till Christmas arrives. ;)

The guitar is only a three quarter one so youre more accurate than you realise :D

years ago i ordered the MIGHTY MICROSCOPE from a newspaper and waited full of anticipation .........................what let down:( so now i never build my hopes up

I experienced a similar disappointment with x-ray specs :(.