Taster courses arts and crafts

hello everyone,

does anyone know where i can go to find out about short "taster" courses in various craft courses?

i.e

metalwork

woodwork

glass leading, staining

pottery

sculpture

i am trying to find out on behalf of my wife and we are both quite new to sheffield. (i left when i was a teenager and my wife is from the south)

any help at all would be great.

thanks

gswift:)

there must be someone who can help me?:help:

Originally posted by gswift

there must be someone who can help me?:help:

Have you tried Sheffield College or TILL (The Institute of Life Long Learning) at Sheffield Univeristy? Have a google.

Nomme

yes i tried both websites, but courses are not what i'm looking for (till website is pretty rubbish really IMO).

there must be somewhere to do short part time couses?

thanks for your reply:)

pop into the castle college site and pick up the leaflets. there seems to be more info in print than on the website :thumbsup: especially for the non-certified courses.

they have had a change of management recently, so the non-certified courses are starting back up. If they know people are interested in specific courses they can do something about running them!

thanks strix, very helpful:clap:

glen

I hunted about for ages trying to find a screen printing or ceramics course in shef. Just a little part time evening or weekend course and couldnt find a thing! Everything seems to start in September and last for at least 4 months. The colleges seems to be networked up - which may be good in some respects but means that varity of courses isn't around. Do let me know how you get on as I would be really interested to see if you find anything.

see my post above ddolly. the college had a manager who was qualification driven so the hobby courses went out of the window. That's all changing now :thumbsup:

get in touch with them, and if they don't have the course you're after, ask to be kept up to date with new courses ;)

You don`t say how old you are .But if you have kids you could try your local sure start ,they often put on short courses.Or your local community centre,forum and school .

Lifelong learning will usually provide funding

jayjay

my wife is 34, we do not have kids.

she is working so i dont think she qualifies for funding?

she used to work for surestart coincidentally.

(i dont think they could help us in our circumstances)

thanks

glen:)