Where can you buy Henderson's Relish in Sheffield?

Great News..In the North East of England (where I now live) the local "Weigh in shop" (you know the the one that sells stuff in barrels and you help yourself) well they now sell Hendersons Relish ..and yesterday I bought 6 bottles at a £1 each..and for our Sunday dinner we've had a "home made meat and tatey pie" and I have Now declared that Sunday the 9th of October In the North East will be now be known as "Sheffield Day".

Ah I love the stuff! It makes me proud to be a sheffielder!

If I moved abroad I'd definatley take loads of crates over!

I have japanese students stay over with me whilst they learn english. I now have to send 16 bottles a quarter over to Japan, which they send me the funds for.

Now tell me they'd do that for Worcester sauce!!! Pah!

Does Sheffield have some sort of trade embargo with the US, as I just looked on the Hendersons website and they'll ship it to everywhere but the land of the (apparently) free!!

Hmmm.....

Originally posted by mr_chris

Does Sheffield have some sort of trade embargo with the US, as I just looked on the Hendersons website and they'll ship it to everywhere but the land of the (apparently) free!!

Hmmm.....

Yes.

All foodstuffs which are imported to the land of the free have to have a license or something to prove they are safe and known brand and not poison or something illegal. And Hendersons ( or the export people thisissheffield.com or whatever they are called ) isn't a big enough exporter to afford to pay for this. So that's the reason.

That actually does make sense.

I was wondering if we were still at war with them or something, kind've like Berwick Upon Tweed still being at War with Russia (they never signed a peace agreement, so the war still stands lol).

I'm off to America next month so I just want to check I'm not going to be arrested for being a War Criminal or something...

I'm thinking of making up a henderson's gift pack for xmas for all my family back up in the north east - for such a cult item do you think that Hendersons might already do such a thing?