Morgans challenge - mega thread ALL here.

Just because **** happens doesn't make it ok. A lot of **** happens in life , but why should it be acceptable for someone to walk away from violent conduct scot free. Someone else has said earlier that if that offence was to happen on the street the offender would be charged with GBH. Just because Morgan is a dirty footballer it's ok.....

There's a lot of squirming and denial again from our red and white friends. Why is it they believe they should be untouchable, no matter what the evidence is ?. Morgan deserves a well earned ban, his elbow must have been sore for the last few days. I hope Hume recovers 100% but if for any reason he has to retire from playing because of this malicious thuggery, then Morgan should hang his head in shame before he gets a ban for life. To possibly take away a man's livelihood because you can't get the better of him actually PLAYING football is despicable. Sums a lot of things up to be honest

Pathetic....

Morgan's challenge was poor. Very poor. Chris Morgan is in no way the sort of person to try and kill someone just because the player 'might' get to a ball before him though. The challenge was similar to many more that can be seen on any given match day througout the leagues. It was a shame it ended with a player in intensive care and lets hope Hume is soon on a fast road to recovery.

Simon Davey should take a look at himself in the mirror for the way he has ridden this whole sorry incident as well.

Morgan isn't going to get a lifetime ban. The Blades aren't going to be deducted points.

There's a lot of squirming and denial again from our red and white friends. Why is it they believe they should be untouchable, no matter what the evidence is ?

What are you talking about? How many more times do we have to say that it should have been a red card, and that there is no recourse to the FA as a yellow card was issued? That's nothing to do with us; argue that point with FIFA. They set that directive.

Morgan deserves a well earned ban, his elbow must have been sore for the last few days.

Yes, he does. It'll not happen though. Nothing happened to Juan Pablo Angel when he elbowed Morgan did it? And before anyone starts, the extent of the injury means nothing in the context of any disciplinary handed down by the FA.

I hope Hume recovers 100%

You'd be mad not to hope that.

but if for any reason he has to retire from playing because of this malicious thuggery, then Morgan should hang his head in shame before he gets a ban for life. To possibly take away a man's livelihood because you can't get the better of him actually PLAYING football is despicable. Sums a lot of things up to be honest

Now you're just being silly and melodramatic. You're assuming that that was Morgan's intent for a start.

Now that punishment, I disagree with.

But I do think that the FA should look into the incident.

And do precisely what?

Just because **** happens doesn't make it ok. A lot of **** happens in life , but why should it be acceptable for someone to walk away from violent conduct scot free. Someone else has said earlier that if that offence was to happen on the street the offender would be charged with GBH. Just because Morgan is a dirty footballer it's ok.....

So let's take every "violent conduct" red card (or yellow which should have been red) to court ....... for Christ's sake ......

i didnt find out about the fa not being able to do anything. i dont believe morgan intended to do the damage he did to hume but looking at the replay many times its hard to see how the elbow wasnt intentional. not really any point in going on about it though. if the fa can do anything they will. i'm not really expecting an explanation from morgan either, would be a bit pointless really, if it was intentional he wouldnt admit to it. just hope this makes him change how he plays abit

Pathetic....

Morgan's challenge was poor. Very poor. Chris Morgan is in no way the sort of person to try and kill someone just because the player 'might' get to a ball before him though. The challenge was similar to many more that can be seen on any given match day througout the leagues. It was a shame it ended with a player in intensive care and lets hope Hume is soon on a fast road to recovery.

Simon Davey should take a look at himself in the mirror for the way he has ridden this whole sorry incident as well.

Morgan isn't going to get a lifetime ban. The Blades aren't going to be deducted points.

Pathetic.

Watch the replay niiiice annnnnd slooooowly. It was not a challenge and it doesn't happen on any given match day (unless Morgans on the field maybe?)but a blatant elbow in the head for crying out loud. Did I say owt about taking points away? now that would be more stupid than you.

Pathetic.

Watch the replay niiiice annnnnd slooooowly. It was not a challenge and it doesn't happen on any given match day (unless Morgans on the field maybe?)but a blatant elbow in the head for crying out loud. Did I say owt about taking points away? now that would be more stupid than you.

Rather like the blatant elbow on Kyle Naughton not so long ago. The only difference is that unfortunately one player has suffered an horrific injury.

Having seen the incident many times since the weekend i think the bottom line is the challenge was terrible and should have been a red card.The ball hasnt arrived, morgan isnt making an attempt to jump and head a ball.For those basic reasons why is the guy smashed in the head.This may sound strange but why is his elbow in the guys face.He should recieve a ban of some kind and be brought to account.The club need to make a statement condeming the incident and then it can be put to rest.

Rather like the blatant elbow on Kyle Naughton not so long ago. The only difference is that unfortunately one player has suffered an horrific injury.
Not sure where your coming from there.If you have seen the incident then what is your opinion on it barring bringing other incidents up.It was a terrible thing to see from morgan at the weekend just as it was with other incidents in the 70s ete but where is the relevance to your point.:confused::confused:

Not sure where your coming from there.If you have seen the incident then what is your opinion on it barring bringing other incidents up.It was a terrible thing to see from morgan at the weekend just as it was with other incidents in the 70s ete but where is the relevance to your point.:confused::confused:

Basically it was just to say that both were deliberate elbows to the head, which were (in my opinion) not correctly punished. Had a terrible injury not have occurred to Ian Hume, then this would have been done and dusted along with every other nasty elbow that's happened through footballing history.

I've already made my feelings on the Morgan incident pretty clear fella :thumbsup:

Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal (Habs) Saturday night at hockey.

The Leafs and Habs didn't escape the night without some controversy, though. A first-period hit by Habs forward Tom Kostopoulos left Leafs defenseman Mike Van Ryn with a concussion, broken nose and broken hand. Kostopoulos slammed Van Ryn into the end boards from behind and was ejected with a major for boarding. Van Ryn lay on the ice for several minutes with a cut on his forehead and is expected to miss a month.

What did you think Kostopoulos received as punishment ?

3 games thats what :o:o