Morgans challenge - mega thread ALL here.

God you're right.

Let's blame Barnsley for Hume's injury :loopy:

Hang on a minute. I'll repeat something I posted a while ago.

While I fully accept that without the foul play (intentional or not) there would have been no grounds for claiming damages, I have to look at the home side's behaviour here.

As I said earlier, the radio commentary made little of the matter, but Barnsley did spend some considerable time trying to get him back on the field. Hume then sat out the rest of the match, before going home.

As far as we know (and this was agreed on tonight's 'Football Heaven'), at no time did Barnsley's medical staff send Hume for an x-ray at the very least. This despite Davey's protestations immediately after the match that 'his cheekbone was out of place'.

If this isn't negligent, then I don't know what is. The manager claims a major head injury has taken place, yet they don't seek immediate assistance? Ludicrous.

Even if a decision went in their favour, any award could be reduced due to their own incompetence, which could well have contributed to the horrrible injury sustained.

Maybe that's a bit clearer.

Hang on a minute. I'll repeat something I posted a while ago.

what HH said above ^ ^ ^

Maybe that's a bit clearer.

yup. accurate summary, there.

definately shouldnt be banned for life, that is a bit extreme, like someone else said 3-6 games would be ok. i was surprised barnsley didnt take him for a scan or check up, dont know if there wasnt any visible bleeding or anything, i dont know if it because it was an elbow they dont usually bother, unlike a clash of heads they might

IGM, please don't :loopy: me, whether you are a mod in this section or not.

Right lets get this straight before you try to portray it that way, I wasn't insulting you personally. I respect your posting on here and I'm glad that you contribute to the discussion. It's just that I found the comment a little loopy. And what does me being an AM have to do with ANYTHING in this discussion? Should I post differently- or not at all? :?

let's straighten my comments out, if they were so difficult to understand:-

I'm not blaming Barnsley for the actual injury, I'm commenting that it was out of order that they didn't get him checked out immediately, seeing as it was supposedly such a bad injury at the time...

When I knocked myself out as a 10 yr old (I still have the "cob" on my forehead 34 years on) by diving into a swimming pool, I was taken to the hospital to be checked out...

20-odd years ago, when my son, aged 4/5 fell down the stairs and banged his head, I got him straight to the hospital, and had him checked out.

Head injuries are something you DON'T mess about with.

Agreed, but then again intentional (by the looks of it) elbows to the head shouldn't be defended in any way shape or form- especially trying to put blame on Barnsley for not treating it appropriately.

There's a lot of squirming and denial again from our red and white friends. Why is it they believe they should be untouchable, no matter what the evidence is ?. Morgan deserves a well earned ban, his elbow must have been sore for the last few days. I hope Hume recovers 100% but if for any reason he has to retire from playing because of this malicious thuggery, then Morgan should hang his head in shame before he gets a ban for life. To possibly take away a man's livelihood because you can't get the better of him actually PLAYING football is despicable. Sums a lot of things up to be honest

there's also a lot of hang morgan from a lot of our blue and white chums

There's a lot of squirming and denial again from our red and white friends. Why is it they believe they should be untouchable, no matter what the evidence is ?. Morgan deserves a well earned ban, his elbow must have been sore for the last few days. I hope Hume recovers 100% but if for any reason he has to retire from playing because of this malicious thuggery, then Morgan should hang his head in shame before he gets a ban for life. To possibly take away a man's livelihood because you can't get the better of him actually PLAYING football is despicable. Sums a lot of things up to be honest

ban for life :hihi::loopy::loopy::loopy:.

Now that punishment, I disagree with.

But I do think that the FA should look into the incident.

Read my post fool. If Hume is to have to finish playing football (it is a bad injury you know) because of Morgans inability to contain his thuggery, then Morgan should have to follow suit. An eye for an eye. This behaviour shouldn't be allowed, it wasn't a clumsy challenge or mistiming but a clearly nasty, career finishing, attack :loopy::loopy::loopy:

its never been eye 4 an eye in the football rule book like i said in another post this happens in football all the time .i know ive been on the end of plenty of broken bones in the name of sport not condoning it but s--t happens

Agreed, but then again intentional (by the looks of it) elbows to the head shouldn't be defended in any way shape or form- especially trying to put blame on Barnsley for not treating it appropriately.

The point is that the subsequent extent of the injury is why this has blown up. Nobody is defending the elbow. We all know that it should have been a red card. Nobody is trying to say otherwise.

The fact that it was only a yellow is down to Andy D'Urso, and nobody else. Not Sheffield United. Not Chris Morgan.

I personally think it's wholly appropriate to look at the Barnsley medical staff, who seemingly didn't take appropriate action in safeguarding their player, and have possibly thereby exacerbated the injury.

I wonder had the card been red, and the result still the same, whether Barnsley would be bellyaching as much as they are at the moment?