Morgans challenge - mega thread ALL here.

As a Blade, I was appalled when I saw footage of the incident. It clearly appears to be deliberate, and as already pointed out on this thread, if one of us did it in the street, it would get us arrested.

United should sack him as a statement that they don't think an unnecessary and unbridled assault by one of their players has any place in football. People saying it happens all the time doesn't make it right.

Ade

Love it how bb has all of a sudden jumped on his moral high horse yet goes around posting crap about how proud he is of what the BBC hooligans get up to!

If it was just a witch hunt by Owls and Dingles fans to get at Morgan then I doubt the national press would have picked up on it. They ran the story because it is a horrendous challenge and a man is in hospital because of it, FULL STOP.

You watch that footage at full speed and you can see why Morgan gets away with a booking from the ref. Watch it again in slow-mo and there are no excuses. Morgan swings his arm into Hume, who he'll be able to see in his peripheral vision running towards him, before the ball has even arrived and Hume is actually falling to the floor as the ball is headed away! All this talk about him using the arm as leverage to jump is rubbish as he doesn't even leave the floor. Hume is hardly a target man anyway seeing as he's about a foot smaller that Morgan. This is probably what makes the impact worse as Hume is running straight into Morgan's elbow which is already swinging at his head height anyway. You can't defend him on this :loopy:

The whole football world has condemned the 'challenge', but Blades fans still claim Morgans innocence. It was brutal and in my opinion pre-meditated, and a nailed on, indefensible, definite red card.

A bit like the Pigs who claimed DiCanio's innocence when he kicked a bloke viciously from behind but all you could talk about was the ref acting like he had been shot.

Swings and roundabouts and some far worse challenges on here including above said Pig

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx0DHVB2mNo

P.S. Lots of Pigs defending JJ as well when he should have had a red card in the Sheffield derby for a blatant elbow ( well those who saw it ) seems some pigs have selective sight when it comes to their own players...Again swings and roundabouts my curly tailed little chum ;)

A bit like the Pigs who claimed DiCanio's innocence when he kicked a bloke viciously from behind but all you could talk about was the ref acting like he had been shot.

Swings and roundabouts and some far worse challenges on here including above said Pig

P.S. Lots of Pigs defending JJ as well when he should have had a red card in the Sheffield derby for a blatant elbow ( well those who saw it ) seems some pigs have selective sight when it comes to their own players...Again swings and roundabouts my curly tailed little chum ;)

I don't understand how any of this is relevant? Does scouring the internet for Owls players who have committed bad tackles make this challenge any better? NO IT DOESN'T!

You all harp on about JJ's elbow and as I posted in the Derby thread he should have gone for that as he's known to be a hothead at times but seeing as he didn't fracture Naughtons skull it is obviously of no comparison now is it! Sits back and waits for the 'Well what if it did...' from the Blunts fans.

I have seen the elbow on Hume and although it looks bad ,Morgs will not have meant any malice,Hume moved to the side of Morgs when he headed the ball his arms opened up a reaction from any defender in the land,my Grandson was taught how to put his arms across to stop a player getting to the ball.I hope Hume get's well soon and this does not turn into a witch hunt.Howard and Naughton got elbowed in the last derby match although the result in the injuries were not the same it was still an elbow.

As a Blade, I was appalled when I saw footage of the incident. It clearly appears to be deliberate, and as already pointed out on this thread, if one of us did it in the street, it would get us arrested.

United should sack him as a statement that they don't think an unnecessary and unbridled assault by one of their players has any place in football. People saying it happens all the time doesn't make it right.

Ade

Doesn't quite appear to be an 'innocent' challenge to me either and if it were any other United player I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's ex-Barnsley player Chris Morgan we're talking about here.

I hope I'm wrong but the video is there for all to see. It's a bad challenge and I can see the FA acting on this - rightly - and giving Morgan a lengthy ban.

I'm a Blade and a football fan. Morgan might be one of the players I hope gets United promoted but the game can do without this sort of challenge, 'innocent' or otherwise.

I've seen some ridiculous posts from you, but this one is stupid even by your

standards. Firstly, how is dragging up a tackle from 10 years ago relevant to

this thread? Secondly, how many Owls are, as you say, claiming that he was

innocent? Di Canio was rightly sent off, and then served a lengthy ban for his

subsequent actions, so I don't really see the point of bringing it up? Anybody

can try and score points like this (a couple of horrific incidents in a game dubbed the "Battle of Bramall Lane" spring to mind), but it's all utterly irrelevant to the Morgan incident.

As for the JJ elbow which you keep harping on about, can you seriously not see

the difference between a player going into a challenge with an arm up and one

swinging an elbow into somebody's head?

Sad that another thread should degenerate into the same old petty squabbles, when the whole point of the discussion is Morgan's awful challenge on Hume. Had it been a Wednesday player making that challenge I'd be condemning him, as would all you blades, but I wouldn't be dragging up 10 year old videos of blades getting sent off :loopy:

at normal speed you can give morgan the benifit of doubt . In slow motion it looks intentional , life is not in slow motion and the law states all recorded incidents must be played at actual speed for prosecution purposes .

good luck to Hulme and a speedy recovery .

Doesn't quite appear to be an 'innocent' challenge to me either and if it were any other United player I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's ex-Barnsley player Chris Morgan we're talking about here.

I hope I'm wrong but the video is there for all to see. It's a bad challenge and I can see the FA acting on this - rightly - and giving Morgan a lengthy ban.

I'm a Blade and a football fan. Morgan might be one of the players I hope gets United promoted but the game can do without this sort of challenge, 'innocent' or otherwise.

Good post - see, there actually are some intelligent blades around.

The problem I have with people defending Morgan and saying "he's not that kind of player" is that, well, he IS that kind of player. I'm not saying that he deliberately set out to hospitalise Hume, but it certainly wasn't an innocent challenge.

What would people have been saying if it was Joey Barton making that challenge? There'd be a witch hunt, and people would be saying that he's a disgrace and should never play football again. Yet if you look at the facts, Barton has only been sent off three times in his professional career. Yet Morgan has seen red no fewer than twelve times, a fair few of which were for violent conduct, which hardly suggests that he's "not a dirty player".

didn't Petr Cech the goalie have to wear a special cap for a while after a fractured skull? did he try and get this sort of mileage about his injury?

He wears it to this day and will continue to wear it throughout his playing career.

Have I missed the point, I thought this was about 'Morgan's challenge'? I believe that Dooley put in some very hard tackles in his time, why not bring them up as well? :confused:

He wars it to this day and will continue to wear it throughout his playing career.

Oh, right:- I didn't know that. I thought it was a temporary thing, whilst the skull fracture he sustained healed..?

I've just read that he had neurosurgery, and has metal plates in his Skull. is that why he wears the helmet?

he seems "accident prone" having injured his jaw and mouth in another incident.