Play station 3 games not loading

has anyone had a problem with their ps3s not loading ps3 games? there was an update recently but it stopped working before that update, so i downloaded the update but now games dont get recognised and neither do cds.

i think i bought it in april this year but i dont think i have a receipt but will have a bank statement showing when i bought it but can.t find them at the moment

Same happened to ours. Unfortunately had lost receipt and guarantee but phoned Sony and they said it was a manufactoring problem and sent a brand new one the very next day. Good service!

Same happened to ours. Unfortunately had lost receipt and guarantee but phoned Sony and they said it was a manufactoring problem and sent a brand new one the very next day. Good service!

Without having to send off your old PS3?

Without having to send off your old PS3?

Haha! Might be worth a go that!

Haha! Might be worth a go that!

Exactly what I was thinking!

MOD: I've deleted some silly posts so please don't post anymore. Rich, if you don't like Sony stay off Sony related threads.

have been in touch with Sony and after wiping everything off as they suggested still no joy.

they are sending another one - reconditioned - in 2 weeks. sending console only and old one will go back with courier.can.t send one before.so looks like no games for 2 weeks.

o well good luck. you will have to find something else to do!