Recommend a city break for a couple and where to book one

hmm not a bad idea can you recommens anywhere to stay around xmas time?

I stayed in the Holgate Hill they have a lovely 4 poster bedroom. That's just over the railway outside York though

Also, more central is Churchills - that's nice for a romantic meal, an ex and I went there (where I first had Mullagatawny soup actually!) and there was a piano player in the corner - VERY romantic.

If you like beer and chocolate then Brussels is nice

Prague or Bruges. Both have good beer and are easier to get around. Only trouble with most of the suggestions (including mine) is the places are so damned cold.

I would drag it out to 5/6 days and go to Cape Town. The days are 3 times longer and eating Christmas dinner on a beach is something else.:thumbsup:

Prague or Bruges. Both have good beer and are easier to get around. Only trouble with most of the suggestions (including mine) is the places are so damned cold.

I would drag it out to 5/6 days and go to Cape Town. The days are 3 times longer and eating Christmas dinner on a beach is something else.:thumbsup:

A spare 2k and bobs your uncle. My Auntie lives there. If I could go to CT I would!!

Have just booked Prague for mid feb, good deal but all - about 450 for everything - with transport from house to hotel even if you drive and use long term parking the after all expenses have been exhausted you will spend at least 400!

How about here - it's very different - and it's lovely :love:. I've been there and it's just fantastic. You don't have to have any of the treatments and the couple who own it are lovely.