Where can I take my family for a meal on Wednesday lunchtime?

I'm coming back to Sheffield for my graduation on Wednesday and am trying to work out where the family can go for lunch, so hopefully I can book ASAP.

Where is open on a wednesday lunch time?

and more importantly....

Where will be nice and civilised and enjoyable for us and not have anything too riksy on the menu that will upset my moaning nan!?

Thanks,

Vicki

we went into yates just across from the city hall. rowdy in the evening but nice enough in the day. It had a few people in celebrating their graduation so was a nice atmosphere. Congrats on graduating

Ask is nice/civilised etc. Its an Italian and its really close to city hall (just opposite)

I'm coming back to Sheffield for my graduation on Wednesday and am trying to work out where the family can go for lunch, so hopefully I can book ASAP.

Where is open on a wednesday lunch time?

and more importantly....

Where will be nice and civilised and enjoyable for us and not have anything too riksy on the menu that will upset my moaning nan!?

Thanks,

Vicki

I graduate too in a few weeks and so I ask a similar question...Suggestions for a few quiet drinks in the daytime? Apart from the obvious ones like Wetherspoons, Lloyds etc... Any places on West Street open?

Congratulations on your Graduation Vicki :)

we went into yates just across from the city hall. rowdy in the evening but nice enough in the day. It had a few people in celebrating their graduation so was a nice atmosphere. Congrats on graduating

I think Yates closed in March

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=324384

Last I heard, the Yates' company's gone tits up (bust).

Yeah Yates has been closed since the early part of this year, ASK is nice mayeb a bit too expensive for just a meal, its usually a 'Date' bar, i graduate on Monday and will probably go and dine in Lloyds or The Cutlers further down from the wetherspoons.

What about one of the new restaurants in Leopold Square like Popolos or Strada, both of those are lovely for a special meal x

If you want a really special lunchtime meal try Baldwins Omega on Psalter Lane- wonderful food and surroundings, bit more expensive than some but much cheaper than at night - I really recommend it. Get your old nan to treat you all - she'll feel like royalty there. Congrats on graduating!