"Hidey BOO!" Or "There He Is?"

I was just playing with my seven week old.

Remember the old game "Hidey boo"?

You hide your face behind something and say `Hideyyyyyyy` then pop up and say `BOO!` to make the little bundle of joy laugh...?

Ok, with a face like mine kids dont laugh they sort of... stare wildly ... then 25 years down the line they tell a psychiatrist all about it.

Anyway, my Oh started on me again as she did with the other two when I played this game with them, not because of the psychological damage Im doing with my gorgeous visage, but because of the words I was using.

According to her, "Hidey Boo" is something thats not heared in Leicestershire, they prefer to say `Where is heeeeeeeee?` in a high pitched voice as they hide their face, then pop up and say `There he isssssssssss!`

I tried it but the kid was sick ... with terror...? Who knows...

Anyway, whats YOUR preferred method of giving your baby a thrill?

Just hidey boo for us. Or.. Find the Tegan.. :hihi:

And seeing as we have a cat called Boo, whenever we say Boo we are attacked by a flying black and white ball of fanged fur! With claws. :hihi: Evil cat

See the thread re Bizarre things you say to your kids...... :hihi:

I do both too. My little one loves it when I pretend I can't find him and then say "there he issssssssssssss!"

hidey boo! mainly cos I love it when they learn to say 'buh' lol

See the thread re Bizarre things you say to your kids...... :hihi:

I darent! You lot give me enough bad ideas as it is! :D

we do both,..... but alfie of the age where he's the one doing the hiding and then jumping out on us from behind the sofa.

I had a fun game last night...I hid behind the sofa and Lewis crawled over and peeked at me round the side of it and laughed so then I stood up and went and hid round the front of the sofa....then he crawled back round to the front and when he saw my face laughed again.

This was going on for about 15 minutes. I suppose it was a simple game of hide and seek :) He found it highly amusing.

lol were i grew up it was peekaboo lol i guess its wehre u live n grew up seen as i grew up in east yorks now at south yorks lol