Anyone know a good upholsterer in Sheffield?

Hi all,

We need to find someone to repair our leather sofa, I have done a search and even contacted the recommendations, but as the posts were 4 years old, I’ve had no luck.

Our sofa has received some damage to the internal wooden fram, to the extent the seating part has now sunk.

Can anyone recommend a good person or company that could help with this?

See my post #63.

Did you find anyone as I have a similar problem?

As title, looking to have my sofa reupholstered, but so far the general quotes I'm getting are about as much as, if not more than, buying a brand new sofa... (£400+)

If I had that much I wouldn't waste it on refurbing an old sofa, would just get a new one.

Couple be cheaper at the Heart Foundation - they had a couple of brand new ones in yesterday at £140 each.

In answer to your question no - the upholsterers i tried wanted £65 for a chair that cost me a fiver, i know its labour intensive and a skill so i'm not complaining.

Couple be cheaper at the Heart Foundation - they had a couple of brand new ones in yesterday at £140 each.

Exactly my point mate :) just would have thought that simply having one refurbished would be significantly cheaper than brand new, but apparently not enough to bother with.

As title, looking to have my sofa reupholstered, but so far the general quotes I'm getting are about as much as, if not more than, buying a brand new sofa... (£400+)

If I had that much I wouldn't waste it on refurbing an old sofa, would just get a new one.

Wow!

We have a similar quandary - an "antiqued" green leather 3 seater settee, structurally sound but the cushions have been launch pads etc., for a succession of dogs over the 12 years-ish we've had it.

Contacted the makers in Bolton, who asked us to send the original covers to them - £14, ParcelForce - and they'd quote for replacements.

Did so....

3 new cushions, plus inserts, and including courier service back.....

£425!

(Oh! And 9 weeks wait!)

Does anyone know a good upholster 

Yes, down on Woodseats. He's got a shop on the corner = Robert Hendry 0114 2509916 at 587 chesterfield Road. Did a prayer stool for me very reasonable and lovely

Theres also a guy at Hillsboro called Fred - altho not sure how much work he takes on. Can ask him if you like.

Also a guy Michael someone. out in Great Longstone - who's on the web - excellent 

How do upholsterer's work? Do you need to find the fabric and bring it to them?