Anyone know a good upholsterer in Sheffield?

POÄNG! :) I am sure you know already, but Ikea sell new cushions & covers for them - £60 a set in cotton, dearer in leather. Sounds a lot, but it is completely new and I suspect an upholsterer wouldn't be cheaper? They do home delivery, so you wouldn't actually have to travel to Birstall or Notts.

Hi all does anybody know anyone that repairs frames and springs on settees? Mine is only 2 years old and would like to save it.

Hi all does anybody know anyone that repairs frames and springs on settees? Mine is only 2 years old and would like to save it.

Yes. Try Andrew Black, trading as Alpha Building Services [AlphaBuildingServices@hotmail.com].

He re-upholstered some chairs for me recently and did a fine job.

My leather sofa is ripped all along the seem. Its on the cushion that you sit on. Its a right mess. It needs re stitching.

Where can i take it?

Thanks

There's a place called Star Upholstery on Bradfield Rd in Hillsborough that do that sort of thing, although I have never been there.

Yes. Try Andrew Black, trading as Alpha Building Services [AlphaBuildingServices@hotmail.com].

He re-upholstered some dining chairs for me recently and did a fine job.

We can definitely recommend Norwood

Upholstery, we've just had some loose

cushions made for a sofa which are of

excellent quality and a very reasonable

price ! They provide a very informative

friendly service and you won't be

disappointed !

Do any of the upholsterers recommended in this thread reupholster leather suites. I have a traditional style three piece leather suite and one cushion and one arm on the sofa have lost their padding. Otherwise it's vey comfortable and I am loathe to get rid of it. Would it be possible to re-pad and reupholster?

Do any of the upholsterers recommended in this thread reupholster leather suites. I have a traditional style three piece leather suite and one cushion and one arm on the sofa have lost their padding. Otherwise it's vey comfortable and I am loathe to get rid of it. Would it be possible to re-pad and reupholster?

I bet that Andrew Black could. See my post #63.

Hi all,

We need to find someone to repair our leather sofa, I have done a search and even contacted the recommendations, but as the posts were 4 years old, I’ve had no luck.

Our sofa has received some damage to the internal wooden fram, to the extent the seating part has now sunk.

Can anyone recommend a good person or company that could help with this?

Many thanks

N.