Computer access/administrators password?

when it prompts me to enter admin password,,,,,, i enter something press enter and it was wrong so then a password hint comes up as son and under that it saays change password, i clicked on change password and it said to enter a flash drive and try again so i did and a box came up saying welcome to password reset wizard but to carry on it says to use this wizard you must have first created a password reset disc???? any ideas

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-us/help/5bf12a40-12b5-4ca8-87c3-7741adbd15841033.mspx

I think you need to make this disk before you lose your password and from reading that link, it seems you can't do it for admin accounts.

For me, this is the simplest (and smallest) way to do it:

http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

i have looked at this and have not got a floppy disk drive and i have put a cd in drive and turned comp on but nothing happens goes to same admin password? how do you boot from disc?

Hmmm, to set the system to allow it to boot from disc (probably should already be like this), however.

When you first start your computer, the screen is probably still black, and some text stuff flashes up, well at that point you want to enter the BIOS (or maybe called SETUP?), you should be told what to press to do this, maybe 'del', 'F1' or similar.

The BIOS (setup) is usually a set of blue screens with text on them. Read the navigation instructions (usually on the bottom, can be on the side). Your looking for a bit named 'Boot Sequence', you might enter another subsection or there might be 2/3 entries (e.g. 1st Boot device, 2nd... etc), change the first boot device to CDROM, CDROM1, DVD, whatever feels right.

You'll then need to exit, confirming changes. At this point it'll reboot and the disk will load.

If you have any problems (concerning the BIOS) there is (as far as i'm aware, hehe) a 'reset to factory defaults' option within the BIOS, so you can always use that if anything goes wrong in the BIOS.

With it being a new laptop - and am guessing not much on there could you nnot just recover it using the supplied disks or tapping F7 (i think??) when booting up to get safe mode options - on some makes there a restore to factory defaults there...

You should be able to re-boot in safe mode and log in as the built-in

administrator. This account generally doesn't have a password and is only

available in safe mode.

From there, you can get to User Accounts and change passwords.

When your restart your computer

, press F8 right before you see the Windows

splash screen. This will bring up the Advanced Boot Options menu, from which

you can select Safe Mode.

hi i have just purchased a new laptop for my daughters birthday, she has set the laptop up with an administrators password which she has now forgot and now she cannot use it does anyone out there know any solution to this i would be very grateful xx

we had the same problem we took ours to the pc shop at hillsborough charged us a tenner only took a minute if you can't do it yourself at least you can get it done there:thumbsup: