Computer access/administrators password?

hi i have just purchased a new laptop for my daughters birthday, she has set the laptop up with an administrators password which she has now forgot and now she cannot use it does anyone out there know any solution to this i would be very grateful xx

I don't use windows much any more but last time I had to deall with something like this I used a free program called 'ntpasswd', however if you tell us what your operating system is (e.g. XP, Vista, etc), then help can be more specific.

After looking at this I thought I might pretend to lose my password and give it a try.

Just another reason not to use whinnie...

The link provided by Savannah2 is an application image you download and write to cd. Then you reboot your machine and it (I presume) looks up your password hash and then tells you all the systems' passwords.

? whinnie (Whinnie the Pooh) = Windows ?

sorry i have tried to do this already from my other comp but it wouldnt download properly kept saying system error so gave up trying

wow i have just clicked on change password and it said to use a flash drive i have pluged one in and its asking for me to insert password changer disc so it partly works but now have not got a disc???????????????