My laptop has a virus or something HELP

Hi.

I did raise another threadbut only 1 person off here help me.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=4283162#post4283162

I have the hijack report thingy and need someone to tell me what to do :(

Im getting pages popping up of dating sites etc...(please see other thread for more details).

Cant someone help me? (Thank wizard for your help on this :))

do you use a proram like limewire to download files?, is so, your computer has spyware on it, look for a good online antivirus proggy

do you use a proram like limewire to download files?, is so, your computer has spyware on it, look for a good online antivirus proggy

I have Norton which should protect me shouldnt it?

Only thing I have recently downloaded and use is utorrent.

if you are getting lots of popups then its riddled with spyware im afraid, look for a spyware removal program online, norton will not always remove these im afraid

if you are getting lots of popups then its riddled with spyware im afraid, look for a spyware removal program online, norton will not always remove these im afraid

I ran a scan with norton and its not saying anythng is wrong at all :(

Which good spyware program is there because last time i had this and started downloading spyware programs i ended up with loads of rubbish on my laptop and still the original problem!!! Why is Norton not stopping it!! :rant:

Only thing I have recently downloaded and use is utorrent.

Torrents are an easy way to spread viruses, spyware etc.

You can PM me your entire HJT log and i'll take a look. It's been a while though and analysing a HJT log can take time so you'll have to be patient ;)

I'd ask for this thread merging with your other one as well or people will be replying to both.

If the only protection is "Norton" can I suggest you download

Superantispyware here:

http://www.download.com/SUPERAntiSpyware-Free-Edition/3000-8022_4-10523889.html?tag=mncol&cdlPid=10881361

Once downloaded, install the program, open the program, check for any new updates (there will probably be some), then do a full scan of your PC, depending on what you have on your PC will determine how long it takes to scan.

Once scanned follow instructions regarding any problems it finds!

I'm sending you a PM

Looks like I wasted my time offering help on this thread.

Right so I have sent my hijack log thing off to someone (thanks vidster x) and deleted the relevant files that i was told to then rebooted. But im still getting random pages! :( Now what :( (goes away to wipe tears of frustration)

Right so I have sent my hijack log thing off to someone (thanks vidster x) and deleted the relevant files that i was told to then rebooted. But im still getting random pages! :( Now what :( (goes away to wipe tears of frustration)

If you have attempted what previous contributors have suggested and had no success you might try this.

http://www.download.com offers lots of free software. I would try either Avast or Spybot search and destroy as either of these might solve your problem.

http://www.trendmicro.com offers it's Housecall free which will provide you an online scan. Depending on your connection it might take some time and is worth running periodically anyway.

Best of luck