Speed Camera on Halifax Road 7/11/08

Liar. Go read your own post.

I do not KEEP assuming, please tell me where in another thread of this vein i have posted the same thing??:loopy::loopy:

Thanks I'll keep an eye out, will it catch you going from Greno towards hillsborough or the other way? I can easily see how people exceed the 30mph limit on that bit, its such a wide wide long road etc.

Just so you know. SYP dont get ANY of the money from the safety cameras.

The fines go back to the safety camera partnership. Any surplus after wages and equipment costs goes back to the government.

That also applies to ALL fines issued to motorists, and offenders at the courts, not just speeding. The money goes straight to the government. The Police dont see a penny of it.

Police budgets are fixed and come from council tax and the home office.

However the cops on miami vice..... they get to keep speedboats and Ferrari's and lots of other cool stuff.

Maybe it will happen here soon,and we can drive around in L reg Vaux Corsas or crappy toyota Camry's. Cool.

perhaps it would be better to get the money and pump it back into decient roads around sheffield, but thats the reason i suppose why Swindon council decided to stop the speed camera's :love:

Just so you know. SYP dont get ANY of the money from the safety cameras.

The fines go back to the safety camera partnership. Any surplus after wages and equipment costs goes back to the government.

That also applies to ALL fines issued to motorists, and offenders at the courts, not just speeding. The money goes straight to the government. The Police dont see a penny of it.

Police budgets are fixed and come from council tax and the home office.

However the cops on miami vice..... they get to keep speedboats and Ferrari's and lots of other cool stuff.

Maybe it will happen here soon,and we can drive around in L reg Vaux Corsas or crappy toyota Camry's. Cool.

Point taken, Im not sure how or where the money goes, hope its to some good use as I've put in my fair share.

I was trying to make the point that if the cameras were there to catch people and hopfully slow them down in the future (I pressume that whats expected to happen), then warning people of the camera is in principle defeting the object. and as MrBenn is so for everyone wanting to jump up and be counted where the law is concered with off road bikes, he is being hypocritical when he promotes warning speeders of the danger of getting caught.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out, will it catch you going from Greno towards hillsborough or the other way? I can easily see how people exceed the 30mph limit on that bit, its such a wide wide long road etc.

Good tip on how to stay within the speed limit is to use your gears:

30mph = 3rd gear

40mph = 4th gear

50+mph = 5th gear

You'll also use less fuel if you use a low gear at low speeds :thumbsup:

Good tip on how to stay within the speed limit is to use your gears:

30mph = 3rd gear

40mph = 4th gear

50+mph = 5th gear

You'll also use less fuel if you use a low gear at low speeds :thumbsup:

Even better - use the speedometer. If you know the speed limit then stick to it. Many of us are probably guilty of forgetting just how dangerous these machines can be, and yet there aremore driving than ever before. Perhaps we need to go back to basics and have refresher highway code tests...

Even better - use the speedometer. If you know the speed limit then stick to it. Many of us are probably guilty of forgetting just how dangerous these machines can be, and yet there aremore driving than ever before. Perhaps we need to go back to basics and have refresher highway code tests...

I'm convinced that some people don't even know where that's located! In a high gear it's easy for the speed to creep up & the car run away with itself. Whereas in a low gear you have more control.

Perhaps we need to go back to basics and have refresher highway code tests...

Good idea!

Every time one of these threads comes up..... ?????

Why do people point out where these safety camera's are.... ????

If your not going too fast whats the problem... ????

People and their baby's... sorry car's.... ?????

Should we start threads every time we see the police in their riot vans doin a drugs raid.. ??? or maybe we should start letting people know where the latest ram raid has just happened so we can go grab a bargain!!!

speed limits are there for a reason... if it says 40mph, that does mean you could go at 35mph also.... you dont get a gold star for making 40mph a target!

speed limits are there for a reason... if it says 40mph, that does mean you could go at 35mph also.... you dont get a gold star for making 40mph a target!

However, if you remember back to your learner days and the highway code, its called "making progress", ie not holding the rest of the traffic up behind you

Yes we have all broken the speed limit at some point. However, this thing called the highway code was devised for a reason, I think it was for safety?

I've been on the Parkway doing 60 in the outside lane heading back for Hillsborough. Another driver has been up my butt with the main beem on because he wanted to break the speed limit.

The speed limit is there to insure you have the stopping distance if something untoward did happen. It's there to protect other road users and mainly pedestrian. I think we all forget that when we get out of the car we become a daft pedestrian that takes chances when crossing a road. It doesnt help when some idiot is doing 60 in a 30 zone putting such pedestrians at risk.

I do agree with that, but 1 thing that people sem to have forgotten, those stopping distances as quoted in the highway code were done in the 60's, as we all know, brake technology has come a long way since then, im not condoning speeding, but remember, stopping distances in this day and age bare no relation to whats in the highway code