Dinner and drinks in S11

I have a group of friends coming up to Sheffield this weekend and keen to take them out for dinner and a few drinks afterwards (not necessarily at the same venue).

We live near Ecclesall Road, so hoping to find somewhere locally.

The group are all aged between 23-30, so I don't want to go to a student hang out.

The new reviews for Champs haven't been great - what is Menzels like on a Saturday night? What about Nonnas?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

You'll have to get booking for Saturday evening.

Nonna's I really like, not cheap and loads on here don't like it even though some of them have never been!

Otto's (used to be San Lorenzo) on Sharrowvale Road, should be trying hard as just re-opened and got good review in the Sheffield Star

Mediterranean on Sharrowvale Road (same owners as Otto's) more fish based menu and dearer

Pasta Bar - not been for a while but used to be very good - bit tight for space - how many in your party?

Walnut Club (above the bathroom place), gets good reviews on the whole, not been, but I am sure you can get in without being a member if you book a table

That's my choice, I know there are loads more but I'm not a fan of 'chain' restaurants.

Enjoy the weekend, don't forget Taste Cafe for cakes & coffee after you've dragged them round Endcliffe Park.

i really would take them to ashoka curry house- its one of the best in the country.

Menzles - This Bar has changed over the past year, im not quite sure what has happened but the Door Staff are still very welcoming and friendly - the atmosphere inside has changed and the people too, some of the bar staff dont seem friendly enough, like they used to be.

Overall the place is ok, but could do with bringing back some of the old qualities it used to have!

Went to champs the other day its nothing to write home about i expected it to be alot better. I would definatly reccomend felicinis on eccy road i really enjoyed that. I would not recommend the walnut club, unless you want to wait ages for your food and pay like £10 for a drink.

Def recommend Nonna's.

But you could try one of the restaurants like La Terraza on Sharowvale Vale road (behind Eccy road near hunterz bar) small Italian, very good.

Def recommend Nonna's.

But you could try one of the restaurants like La Terraza on Sharowvale Vale road (behind Eccy road near hunterz bar) small Italian, very good.

oh i really want to try that is it difficult to get a table at the weekend?

Should be okay but call them and book ! been for loads of family celebrations there - always good !