Niqab driver alert

How come you noticed something as easily changed and irrelevant as what the driver was wearing and put that in the title, but missed the key piece of information which is the colour and model of the car?

If I'm looking out for someone who may damage my car, I think I'm more likely to notice the car than the attire of the driver.

what are you trying to say?

I know the make, model, reg number and colour of the car. I know what she was wearing, how many kids she had in the back and even the condition of the vehicle's bodywork.

as I waited for her to finish her 13 point turn before getting in my car I was stunned to see her then cut into the BMW as if it wasn't there and drive off. from her driving I actually think she couldn't see what she was doing, so mentioned the key piece of information. okay?

Maybe pathman should mind his/her own business if it wasnt your car whats the problem?? firstly if they can afford a BMW im sure they can afford to replace a wing mirror, secondly what do you think your going to do scoure the whole country and prevent it all??? If its not your car not your problem because I bet all of you have done something you necessarliy shouldn,t have done for whatever reason.

I hope I don't park my car anywhere near where you may be.

what are you trying to say?

I know the make, model, reg number and colour of the car. I know what she was wearing, how many kids she had in the back and even the condition of the vehicle's bodywork.

as I waited for her to finish her 13 point turn before getting in my car I was stunned to see her then cut into the BMW as if it wasn't there and drive off. from her driving I actually think she couldn't see what she was doing, so mentioned the key piece of information. okay?

If your post was supposed to warn people to look out for this driver the colour, make and model of the car might have been more useful information to pass on than the clothing the driver was wearing.

IMO damaging someone elses property is wrong when I was younger I smashed a guys car window by accident, I didn't just think meh someone's wronged me in the past and leg it like the rest of them I did the walk of shame and knocked on his door :blush: Cost me over £280...

If your post was supposed to warn people to look out for this driver the colour, make and model of the car might have been more useful information to pass on than the clothing the driver was wearing.

I see quite a few drivers wearing niqabs these days and it does conern me. Perhaps the OP was just a general warning about that?

if I was to put specific details about somebody's car on the forum it would be unfair, and I guess it would be removed.

the specific details of the incident are between me and the victim, and I had hoped the insurance companies.

the reason for posting anything can be summarised in the 3 words of the title.

I see quite a few drivers wearing niqabs these days and it does conern me. Perhaps the OP was just a general warning about that?

yes that's about it really.

If we were to were balaclavas when driving, do you think we'd get pulled over? and if we did would we have a case to say you can wear a Hijab thing so why not a balaclava?

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't trouble the authorities if you chose to wear a balaclava whilst driving, after all full face crash helmets are perfectly legal. You might look a bit daft and maybe that should be a crime in itself! :hihi:

if I was to put specific details about somebody's car on the forum it would be unfair, and I guess it would be removed.

the specific details of the incident are between me and the victim, and I had hoped the insurance companies.

the reason for posting anything can be summarised in the 3 words of the title.

But if the title were, for example "Blue Ford Galaxy Warning" it would be much more use to people.

I doubt you'd have a thread entitled "Deerstalker Hat Driver Alert".

I think I'm going to have to spell this out a bit more.

I didn't post this because I wanted people to look our for this particular driver. there are of course a number of people that damage vehicles and drive off. unfortunate yes, worthy of a rant maybe, but worthwhile discussing here not really. what I thought was a potential area for discussion was the fact that some drivers are wearing niqabs.

some have identified this, and I see that boyfriday probably disagrees.

what I saw was a lady looking over her shoulder as she tried to turn around a large heavy vehicle, and as she did so all she did was to look into the side of her headgear. what I saw was a lady continuously having to take a hand off the wheel to hold her 'slit' open so she could see as she was turning the wheel. I thought this was dangerous at the time, and then she proved it by hitting the BMW. it could of course have been a person she hit.

apologies, I obviously should have posted all this up in the opening post, and if as I originally hoped discussion had developed I would have. but the thread disappeared and I forgot all about it until the BMW girl rang again the other day.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't trouble the authorities if you chose to wear a balaclava whilst driving, after all full face crash helmets are perfectly legal. You might look a bit daft and maybe that should be a crime in itself! :hihi:

I think anybody wearing a balaclava whilst driving would be nuts, but at least with this headgear it moves as you look quickly to the side or over your shoulder. :huh:

some have identified this, and I see that boyfriday probably disagrees.

Hi pathman, I'm not disagreeing out of hand, I was just responding to the post about balaclavas.

I think if it can be demonstrated that headwear reduces a rider/drivers awareness materially, then obviously that needs to be looked at, my reservations would be about telling people what they should or shouldn't be allowed to wear whilst driving, however weird it might appear to the rest of us.

I guess bike riders who wear full face helmets are probably well aware of the increased risks to themselves, so compensate in order to minimise those risks. I would assume that (competent) niqab wearing drivers make the same compensation, if they don't then obviously they're driving carelessly, which is a criminal offence in itself.

It sounds to me that the woman you encountered who likely was driving illegally (from the point you make about the false plates), was just a crap driver and would have been cavalier in her driving style, whatever she was wearing.