Is Obama A Slack-Jawed Idiot?

Bush, Al-Qaeda's greatest recruitment tool, and there's me thinking it was the teachings of those satanic verses of the Koran.

The two are acting together in Iraq- having friends and family blown to bits under Bush's illegal invasion will, and has, pushed some young Muslims to extremism.

I think people are forgetting that historically presidents are nothing more than a 'frontman',a face. Ronald Regan ?? Come on ... i'll give it a year before someone puts a bullet in him.

I think people are forgetting that historically presidents are nothing more than a 'frontman',a face. Ronald Regan ?? Come on ... i'll give it a year before someone puts a bullet in him.

You could be right, but after 8 years of Bush, you can forgive us for being a little bit giddy :hihi:

x

You could be right, but after 8 years of Bush, you can forgive us for being a little bit giddy :hihi:

x

eight years of bush is enough for any man ;)

I always understood that it does not really matter who gets voted in as American president, as they are only front men for the real power behind the "throne", They themselves don't really make decisions, just carry out the decisions that have been made for them.

I agree with this point of view entirely. Even Obama's tv confrontations with McCain were orchestrated to such an extent,one felt that he had been advised,what suit to wear, how to sit casually on a stool, and how to sip a glass of water, just as McCain was about to speak. As you say these people are just the front men for the real power behind the "throne" . Good Luck to him anyway, he will need it to get America out of the mess that Bush has got them into.

Yes, of course.

But can we just enjoy that sense of hope for a little while? You never know, Obama MAY turn out to be that little bit different, we don't know.

Can we just give him the benefit of the doubt for a little while? Let us savour his historic victory for the HUGE achievement it is - whatever he subsequently goes on to deliver/not deliver.

This victory is a beacon of hope and joy in a very scary world right now - PLEASE let us enjoy and savour it

StarSparkle

Enjoy and savour what? More American cultural imperialism or the fact that we are a supposed democracy that is a nanny state governed by a country where personal hand guns are legal, and fronted by celebrity or wealthy moronic presidents. It's all about how much money you have for your campaign and all the spin and marketing you can put your hands on. Having a 'token' black president isn't going to change a thing!

I actually think Obama is better than McCain. It is because the image of Obama is much better than that of McCain. both their speech are not professional, but McCain is too old to be a president

I actually think Obama is better than McCain. It is because the image of Obama is much better than that of McCain. both their speech are not professional, but McCain is too old to be a president

Just goes to show that " Image is everything" !

Just goes to show that " Image is everything" !

Yes, of course!!

It's exactly what I mean:D

The man is so false we all know why he was voted in, skin colour but he thinks otherwise,its a big pantomime