Is Obama A Slack-Jawed Idiot?

Maybe it is because he can string a sentence together and is a competent public speaker. We haven't seen that from a president for a long time.

I agree, Clinton was the last one that made any sense.

Suffy summed him up very well on another post

Originally Posted by Suffragette1 View Post

Indeed, not only a fantastic orator but he delivers it with passion and conviction. As Mr S said, for the first time in I don't know how long, he didn't feel cynical about a victory speech being delivered. He wasn't smug (am thinking Thatcher), he wasn't contrived or staccato (am thinking Blair), he wasn't gung ho (am thinking Regan) nor was he dumb as a bag of hammers (am thinking Regan and Dubya). It truly is amazing, a pivotal moment in politics.

Is that enough for you?

He's incredibly charismatic, and seems to have worked hard and intelligently to get to where he is now. Hopefully this bodes well for his performance as president.

He's got a lot of hype to live up to by now though, any serious teething problems could bring that confidence down a lot.

Nothing to do with colour, that would have been easy for me to say, but in this case no, its just something about him, his campaign and his attitude, plus the adoration he seems to recieve from americans, i watched Oprah Winfrey cheering at his victory, yet she is one who will be hit hardest by his taxation plans, strange reaction from some.

Perhaps Oprah Winfrey's more concerned about America's future and the future of the world as a whole than lining her own pockets? An attitude that we would ALL do well in following

StarSparkle

Thatcher, Blair, Brown... they were all planks after they had been in power for a while.

And Cameron has managed to officially become one a full 18 months before contesting his first General Election.

And Cameron has managed to officially become one a full 18 months before contesting his first General Election.

What's your view on Obama winning the elction Firecracker?

Nothing to do with colour, that would have been easy for me to say, but in this case no, its just something about him, his campaign and his attitude, plus the adoration he seems to recieve from americans, i watched Oprah Winfrey cheering at his victory, yet she is one who will be hit hardest by his taxation plans, strange reaction from some.
Hey you do realise that some people actually do care about others. And if there were less selfish sh.. s around, the world would be a much nicer place.

Perhaps Oprah Winfrey's more concerned about America's future and the future of the world as a whole than lining her own pockets? An attitude that we would ALL do well in following

StarSparkle

Or perhaps it is simply because he is black.

Or perhaps it is simply because he is black.
But your dislike of him apparently has nothing to do with him being black! Yet her like for him, must be for that reason.

Did you even consider for tiny weeny second, that maybe it's because he's a democrat and not a republican? Or that he is smart, organised, presidential...

.. not simply because he's black.

So remind me again why do people think you are a racist?

But your dislike of him apparently has nothing to do with him being black! Yet her like for him, must be for that reason.

Did you even consider for tiny weeny second, that maybe it's because he's a democrat and not a republican? Or that he is smart, organised, presidential...

.. not simply because he's black.

So remind me again why do people think you are a racist?

I have never said i dislike him, i admitted to a feeling of unease that i am unable to pinpoint, and also said that if it was because of his colour it would be easy for me to say that was the reason, but that is not the reason.

If he was able to bring increased stability to the world, as leader of the most powerful nation on earth, i would be the first to admit my gut instinct was wrong, but i just have a gnawing feeling that he is not going to be the great politician that the mass hysteria felt by many americans believe him to be.

He is up on a pedestal now, and the higher the expectation, the harder the fall.

I know what you mean, mr contrite. I just think that the impending world economic collapse will be enough to get another neo-con elected next time. How he is as president is mostly irrelevant as economics will, helpfully, dominate the news for the next few years, and as any fule kno, governments can only react to markets

Has Bush caught Osama bin Laden yet?

Has he?

Hmm?

After 7 years of looking?

Public enemy #1?

The Worlds Most Wanted Terr'rst?

Have they found him yet?

Bush may take no s*** but he certainly talked a lot of bull****

:rolleyes:

He's not on his own - apparently

Bush created most of the aforementioned expletive. Al-Qaeda would have loved McCain or another Bush clone in office as he has been their greatest recruitment tool of the past 7 years! America the Great Satan? Look no futher than Bush.

Bush, Al-Qaeda's greatest recruitment tool, and there's me thinking it was the teachings of those satanic verses of the Koran.