Is Obama A Slack-Jawed Idiot?

As with any other world leader, they were welcomed with open arms when they were first elected, but within a few years they get demoted to moron status and the names start....

How long do you think itll be before we start calling Obama a cretin...?

Why do we naturally call our leaders incompetant dim-wits after the novelty has worn off...? The media? Or are we attracted to voting planks into power...?

Dissssssssssssssssssssssssscussssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.....

Interesting, isn't it? All the people jumping aboard the Obama bandwagon (bit like Chelsea fans.)

I'm sure that some of the people basking in the reflected glory this morning mean well, but have they fully researched and understood the agenda?

Personally, it'll take a lot more than using the word 'change' umpteen times in every speech without 'putting some flesh on the bones' to convince me.

I always understood that it does not really matter who gets voted in as American president, as they are only front men for the real power behind the "throne", They themselves don't really make decisions, just carry out the decisions that have been made for them.

I don't think Bush was welcomed with open arms, a lot of people thought he was an idiot when he was elected and were quickly proved right.

Obama is clearly an articulate intelligent person. Whether or not he can translate that to good policy remains to be seen but I don't think his intellect can be called into question regardless of how successful he proves to be.

Or are we attracted to voting planks into power...?

"We" didn't, did we? :P

"We" didn't, did we? :P

Thatcher, Blair, Brown... they were all planks after they had been in power for a while.

Ah yeah, I guess. It's just that British way of build 'em up, knock 'em down, innit?

obviously, Obama needs a track record for us to make a judgement on whether or not he is a cretin.

I agree with Nazo's comment, that Dubya was a prat before he was voted in, and has consistently proven himself so, over the last eight years.

I don't think Obama is anything like as big a prat as Dubya, and I do not think he was as ill-advised(?) as Palin, who even charged rape victims in Alaska, $1,200 for the rape-kit used to gather forensic evidence after their assault. :mad::rant:

I do not think he was as ill-advised(?) as Palin, who even charged rape victims in Alaska, $1,200 for the rape-kit used to gather forensic evidence after their assault. :mad::rant:

It is still preferable to being stoned to death for being raped, and if it brings the perpetrator to justice it is probably money well spent..

It is still preferable to being stoned to death for being raped, and if it brings the perpetrator to justice it is probably money well spent..

Which is in turn still preferable to being hung from your fingernails while being poked up the bum with red-hot iron for the rest of your life. What's your point?

Which is in turn still preferable to being hung from your fingernails while being poked up the bum with red-hot iron for the rest of your life. What's your point?

My point was quite eloquently stated. There are places in the world where being raped is a death sentence.

quote..

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24601633-5001021,00.html

I am not aware of anywhere where someone has been hung by their fingernails and poked up the bum with red-hot iron for the rest of their life. So what is your point?:huh:

Personally i feel an unease about obama, cant put my finger on it, but something just doesnt feel right, perhaps it is my belief that with him in power, alqaeda will feel that now is the time to increase their terrorist activities, to test out the new president.