Photography or image manipulation?

http://andrzejdragan.com/ the personal section of this is a good example of what artistry can be achieved by heavy manipulation of photographs.
His work is done by an alternative use of HDR to that used by landscape photographers, who normally use it to capture a fuller dynamic range than the sensor or film is capable of.

Well I'm just a beginner and I'm enjoying learning BOTH how to use my DSLR and how to improve my images in Lightroom.

Yur, and a massive amount of photoshoppery etc.

There was this tutorial thing in 'digital photographer' that claimed to use some of his ideas. It also has a well illustrated section on professional adult photography. Obviosuly I bought it for the tutorial.

The next time I start to ponder these things, I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

For the next debate might I suggest "Peace in the Middle East".

It should be easier to sort out.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Lmao!!!!!!! far from it paul, i think its very healthy to have these debates, everyone has a differing opinion and should be allowed to air them in a calm manner, after all you know i am a very calm sort of chappy.......honest!

Cheers, H:rant::hihi:

Ps this one is for you Willma, untouched, straight from RAW

2978523315_21ca09edf8_o.jpg

Flippin eck, i can press a button. Sorry willman i couldnt resist. seriously though to me this is just another flower shot so i wanted to create something a little out of the norm so it stands out and this was the result, i have posted this next shot before.

2979637202_4b0b006996_o.jpg

To explain, i first converted the image to b&w and then added a split tone of pale blue on the highlights and darker blue on the shadows. Yes! you can call this fake but also yes! it is creative and imaginative. Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers, H.

Lmao!!!!!!! far from it paul, i think its very healthy to have these debates, everyone has a differing opinion and should be allowed to air them in a calm manner, after all you know i am a very calm sort of chappy.......honest!

Cheers, H:rant::hihi:

:roll::roll:

roflmao!!!

The next time I start to ponder these things, I'll keep my thoughts to myself.
Nah this is the most interesting this group has been for a while.

For the next debate might I suggest "Peace in the Middle East".

It should be easier to sort out.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:

What about the photoshopped missile launch image. We can combine PS and the Middle peace process into one thread! :hihi:

2979637202_4b0b006996_o.jpg

Call that a photograph, it sooooooo obviously a fake and not anything like a REAL photograph. Looks more like crochet work than real photography. :D

Nice pic BTW. Even if it is such a fake!!