Sign in to follow this  

Has the firework season started?

Just heard some sort of banger go off in Intake.

I don't know of any shop selling around here yet but I'd like them to be illegal to sell until a week before bonfire night and not 2 whole months, unless the the shop speciallise in selling fireworks all year round.

I'm sure some of you would like them banned altogether.

Its anoying to have to keep cats in during the week of the 5th as no one seems to be able to hold it on the 5th these days.

Guest carlsufc

i think people tend 2 ave a bit of a do on the closest saturday to the 5th, but i do agree, the amount of fireworks goin of in the months before and after november is ridiculous...about time it was stopped if u ask me!:o

Yeh,i will be complaining this year if it happens in September again.

Its about time they were banned until at least Nov 1st.

They frighten my pets and they become a nuisence.

Better speak to your MP.The elected member for Hillsborough promised action last year.But don't bet on it.

Our Parliament kindly changed the law so that fireworks could be sold all year in return for a ban on sales to under 16's.

So plug your lugholes and ignore the distress to sleeping tots old folk and pets for another three months as we suffer the nightly cacophony of exploding fireworks.

Over here, the sale to the public is banned anyway, thank goodness, and there are still accidents when the "professionals" use them.

Oh, by the way, in Oz it is not 10.28pm, but 7.28am tomorrow morning. A pleasant day too.:D

Something has got to be done to stop this happening.

I fully aggree that people with young children get a raw deal with fireworks going off all hours for months and i personally get sick of the constant bang, bang, bang evry night for weeks and don't see why i should put up with it.

They should do what the Ozzys do and bann them from selling them to the public, exept for about a week before bonfire night.

Have to agree with you Cycleracer, that sounds like an ideal solution.

btw John, I live at intake too, that 'some sort of banger' you heard, may well have been my car driving by ...

Originally posted by BigD

Over here, the sale to the public is banned anyway, thank goodness, and there are still accidents when the "professionals" use them.

They should be banned from sale to the public here to IMHO. Have proffesional firework displays, no need for regular people to put on their own mini shows!

I'm not sure they should be banned all together from public sale,even though i do hate them,but i think you should only be allowed to buy them a couple of days before bonfire night,but then again i wounld imagine the people from places like Standard Fireworks might have something to say about that.

People would just hoard them for at least 3 months after the night... and just let em off every night!

Ban em all together!

Maybe they should make silent fireworks ....

Guest carlsufc

i also see what people are sayin about pets, my dog is very scared of them and is sometimes ill because hes so scared of them! pet hearing aids? loL