Sign in to follow this  

Bottled OR Tap Water !?

Bottled OR Tap Water ?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Bottled OR Tap Water ?

• Bottled
    • Tap
    • No preference / Just wanna peek @ results

I put up a post a while back about the differences between tap and bottled water.. Anyone cares to do a search, it was pretty interesting!

I like tap much better because bottled DOESNT HAVE MUCH FLAVOUR!!!!

I drink mucho tap water. (I couldnt ever drink that much bottled water @ once)

I do buy bottled water, but in Sheffield the water is very good.

No real need to Britta filter in our area as no limescale etc. Not so sure on the policy of no flouride as it doesn't help prevent tooth decay, I know the dentists don't approve. Don't know enough about it to say if we should have flouride.

Tap water because I have nightmares about mountains of empty plastic bottles sat in landfills.

I never used to drink water. The tap water is nasty and hard down here. I take bottles to work.

I'll only buy bottled water in an extreme pinch. I always fill a 2l bottle and my sports bottle with water from home and take it to work as the water tastes foul - I pay my rates, the water here tastes good, why buy it in?

Its got to be slightly sparkling bottled water - I drink loads of it.

Otherwise tap water and just keep it in the fridge cos it tastes better really cold.

Phan - forgot about Camelford...not sure if it had any LT effects though.

*goes off to check that the bottles Ive got arent from Camelford but I think that happened in the 80s*

There is a lot of local suspicion that the aluminium poisoning incident has led to an outbreak (if that's the right word) of a degenerative brain disease similar to Alzheimer's, that could be responsible for up to 20 deaths in the Camelford area to date, and who knows how many in the future...

Story here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/medicine/story/0,,1757171,00.html

Needless to say there has been no investigation - don't take your tap water for granted people!

(I still drink it though, and sometimes get brought free Buxton spring water out of the fountain in the town).

Tap. It wouldn't even cross my mind to buy bottled water when I've got perfectly good running water.

My city's tap water repeatedly wins quality awards, so I have no problem drinking stuff straight from the faucet. I only buy bottled water for the sake of last-minute convenience -- it's cold and in a container -- when I'm going to a clogging performance, taking the dogs for a hike or something like that.

At work (in a small, rural town), the water is terrible but we have water coolers. I drink that during the day.

:o You get charged for water? wtf?

any ways, look north did a thing on this a couple of weeks ago, and took some bottled water, and some tap water to the streets and did taste tests, 99% of people preferred the tap water...