Caterer sues Police over sausages

There's nothing spurious about it as the link i provided shows, and the fact that some dont care where the meat comes from, can you see anything halal about this supplier,

A farmer has been jailed for six months for operating an illegal halal slaughterhouse in Moray.

Julian Jones, 41, admitted that he produced "smokies", specially prepared sheep carcasses for the halal market, from a filthy barn in Buckie.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4294837.stm

or this,

TWO farmers who ran a squalid, unlicensed slaughterhouse supplying meat to shops across Britain were each jailed for three months yesterday.

District Judge Roy Anderson told Harold Gray, 62, and his son, Michael, 31, of Upper Austby Farm, Langbar, near Ilkley, they had "brought farming into disrepute".

He also jailed for two months Sumaullah Patel, 41, an unlicensed slaughterman, of Bolton, Lancs, whose attempts at halal killing were condemned as "incompetent and botched".

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/Three-jailed-over-filthy-slaughterhouse.993278.jp

What exactly are you trying to claim that these cases illustrate?

There's nothing spurious about it as the link i provided shows, and the fact that some dont care where the meat comes from, can you see anything halal about this supplier,

<snip>

What you have is a story about an illegal slaughterhouse, that happens to be Halal. Are you suggesting all illegal slaughterhouses are Halal?

There were 443 prosecutions in the food industry last year (a fall from 538 the preceding year). Ref

So what do your two cases show? Nothing.

Im all for muslim rights and free choice, however if he feels that the job compromises his religious beliefs, then surely its him that should resign, not try to sue? If it was a vegan refusing to handle meat would the case have even been taken on? I dont think so

Hmm. I wonder when religious minorities in Muslim countries will get equal rights. The twelfth of never I guess.

Hmm. I wonder when religious minorities in Muslim countries will get equal rights. The twelfth of never I guess.

And if that were the case? What would you suggest - that we lower our own standards to match or that we continue to strive for justice and fair treatment for all regardless of faith, colour or ethnicity?

stories like this annoy me so much!

they play on their religion or race

and make out we're all chuffin racists <rant>

stories like this annoy me so much!

they play on their religion or race

and make out we're all chuffin racists <rant>

A lot of us are.

:hihi: they make the public like that though? and half of the time theyre racist to themselves!

I think I may apply to be a doctor - and sue for discrimination if I don't get the job. Who cares that I don't have medical training and faint at the sight of blood. Why should I be descriminated against because I didn't have the opportunity to go to university?

Both vegetarians and Muslims are people whose beliefs impact on what they eat.

I'm curious as to why you would accomadate the vegetarians beliefs but those of the Muslims

I dare say that if they slit the throat of a live vegetable objections would be raised, but considering vegetarians and non vegetarians can eat the produce, regardless of where it is processed, your argument is pointless.

I dare say that if they slit the throat of a live vegetable objections would be raised, but considering vegetarians and non vegetarians can eat the produce, regardless of where it is processed, your argument is pointless.

Can't all meat eaters eat halal meat?

I think I may apply to be a doctor - and sue for discrimination if I don't get the job. Who cares that I don't have medical training and faint at the sight of blood. Why should I be descriminated against because I didn't have the opportunity to go to university?

Lol, why would you want to make a fool of yourself?

With a case like that you would be done for contempt of court. :hihi:

British Muslims aren't a 'foreign outside influence' they're British.

QUOTE]

then they should act british and not pakistani etc!