Caterer sues Police over sausages

im sick of hearing of this type of story...

First it was some muslim and a hair dressers place, said she couldnt wear her head scarf cause of the job.

Then it was some guy at tesco's took them to court for asking him to move some creates of beer

now this.... and im sure there have been / will be others..

a few questions if I may?

A) Why do they take these jobs in the first place, they should do the job research FIRST

B) Why come to our country, take these jobs, then complain when they are asked to actually do the job, (Why not go back to thier own country where its NOT part of the job, and let us have our jobs back)

C) Why complain about it BEFORE even taking the job (as in this case) - why not just find some other work.

a few answers, if I may?

Point a:- Just to correct you, the young woman who sued the hairdressers sued because she DIDN'T get the job.

point b:- many of "them" actually happen to have been born here.

point c:- he wasn't doing *that* job before they tried to change it.

Simple - we don't. In the case of Halal in schools I think you'll find it only occurs in schools with significant nubers of Muslim pupils in which case it becomes a simple matter of economics - it's cheaper to have the meat option as halal rather than provide two options.

In any case, why , if you're not bothered about eating halal meat at your local curry house would you be bothered about having it for your school dinner?

Is there this much fuss about 'bending over backwards' to accomadate vegetarians?

Errr.....no.

What would you class as significant numbers? a minority or majority, because they introduced it in a school in Oxford without informing the parents, and that at a school that did not have a majority of muslim pupils, and surely if economics are the main concern than non-halal meat would be the cheaper option, rather than having to purchase two meat options.

Are you that obtuse its not the meat its the principle,this is still a christian country and is still England,why should we pander to a minority foreign outside influence ,i can see pakistan et al changing their principles to support incumbent Brits,ihere again unlike some so called English people Pakistanis have more pride in their country and populace tthan so called English do,Iv yet to come across a Pakistani pulling their country to pieces even by those who have never even been there

British Muslims aren't a 'foreign outside influence' they're British.

If you had a visitor to your house and they took tea without milk would you give them tea without milk or serve them milky tea and tell them to like it or get lost and go home?

Read it properly for goodness sake - the full quote reads ''I'm not proud to be British - it's an accident of birth. I consider myself lucky to have been born here and I'm glad that I was though and I'm proud to be a part of that tradition.''

How can you be proud of something you have no control of or choice over?

You can be proud of something you've done or achieved, but I don't see how you can be proud of being born in a place anymore than you can be proud of having brown hair or blue eyes.

I did read it correctly! You should be proud. Britain is an excellent country. It's not perfect, but you should consider these things relatively, which is why I asked you where's better! You have no answer, obviously! :hihi: I don't think you understand the meaning of 'pride'. Try these:

1. A sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect.

2. Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association.

Understand now? :hihi:

What would you class as significant numbers? a minority or majority, because they introduced it in a school in Oxford without informing the parents, and that at a school that did not have a majority of muslim pupils, and surely if economics are the main concern than non-halal meat would be the cheaper option, rather than having to purchase two meat options.

Perhaps I'm incorrect about the economic factors - lets assume I was; why would it be a problem for non-Muslim pupils to eat halal food?

Fraud? Where has he been fraudulent? ...
In lying to obtain his position, of course!

British Muslims aren't a 'foreign outside influence' they're British. ...
Yes they are a foreign outside influence: their religion, which influences everything that they say and do, is alien. I would have thought that was obvious! :hihi:

I did read it correctly! You should be proud. Britain is an excellent country. It's not perfect, but you should consider these things relatively, which is why I asked you where's better! You have no answer, obviously! :hihi: I don't think you understand the meaning of 'pride'. Try these:

1. A sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect.

2. Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association.

Understand now? :hihi:

I understand perfectly -

1. How can self respect and appreciation of ones own value and dignity be a product of geographical location?

2. Being born here isn't an achievement - it was an accident that happened because my parents live here

I don't 'own' this country any more than you or anyone else does - I'm just fortunate to live here.

I have a sense of pride to be associated with the more positive aspects associated with British character - tolerance, acceptance, live and let live - but I see that as being rather different to being proud of being British in the way that implies 'This is ours and if you don't like it - get stuffed'

In lying to obtain his position, of course!

There is nothing in the article to suggest he has ever lied?

What makes you think that?

He is a Senior Catering Manager that sits on a Food Standards Agency advisory committee, and they change his job to get him to fry sausages....

Simple - we don't. In the case of Halal in schools I think you'll find it only occurs in schools with significant nubers of Muslim pupils

Wrong. It is provided almost daily for around a dozen pupils in the school my daughter attends. I'd like to know how much it costs to ship in special meals for so few pupils.

And I do have problems with how halal meat is killed. I don't believe the conventional way is just as barbaric no matter how many people on here insist otherwise.

Wrong. It is provided almost daily for only 6 or 7 pupils in the school my daughter attends. I'd like to know how much it costs to ship in special meals for so few pupils.

Does it really bother you Irene? If you were in charge what would you do?

Does it really bother you Irene? If you were in charge what would you do?

I think you might have got the idea it bothers me from my post.

I would not provide halal meals. If the children's parents didn't like that, they could provide a packed lunch. It's our country and our culture (I'm just visualising you puffing up with indignation at this point) allegedly. They can live with it or get out.