What's the most you've ever spent on an outfit?

What's the most you've ever spent on an outfit?

I got chatting to somebody tonight, and we strayed onto the topic of how much money people are prepared to spend on e.g. a dress, and how that doesn't seem to be a very high figure, unless they're spending on a wedding dress, where they seem to be far more willing to pay a higher figure

What's the most you've ever spent on an outfit, what was it for, and was it for an occasion or is it for regular use?

For instance - Mr Strix's most expensive footwear is his pair of NewRocks which cost in the region of £110. A ludicrous figure if he'd been contemplating inferior footwear, but these are built to last, and he knows how much I like them ;)

(if your answer to this thread is 'my wedding outfit', can you please also include the next most expensive outfit you have had? )

The most expensive was my wedding outfit. Below that was tailor made bike leathers and under that was a complete selection of cocktail dresses and ball gowns worn for corporate black tie events. The bike leathers were used regularly until I had to stop riding.

The most expensive items which were worn daily over a period of time were my Driza Bone waxed cotton and my suits, which were up to about £200 a piece.

Most expensive - the outfit I bought for our son's wedding - about £160 for a dress!

Next most - an Aquascutum coat I bought in a sale about 15 years ago.

Most expensive item I have bought would be my Asics Gel running shoes, £90

Dearest items of clothing/footwear I own are a pair of UGG boots, they cost £160 and a pair of Miss Sixty jeans costing £70 ... both were birthday/Xmas presents.

The rest of my clothes rarely go above the £25 price mark and I probably spend around £200 per year on clothing.

I don't have the ready cash to spend a fortune on clothes now but when i was a teenager I seemed to have loads so relatively it was a lot then.

I spent £120 on a jumper in the mid eighties and I owned a fair few that cost around the £100 mark, mainly Benetton. I had some laura Ashley dresses that cost £100ish. I spent £200 on some boots from some shop. Definitely had more money than sense then. I always used to wear Levi 501s which were about £50 a pair. And I bought a £100 shirt from French Connection.

Then I got a house... and transferred all my love to household things. :rolleyes:

Fifty quid (nearly) on a Yankees shirt.

It's lasted eleven years so far, and it is still up-to-date for this season.

£260 on a coat, their eyes must have litup when they saw me coming. :o

It is really nice though. :D

i dont think i have ever paid no more than £30 for a coat and no more than £20 for a dress and thats out of a club, if shopping in town would not pay no more than £20 for a coat and no more than £10 for a dress ,skirt or pair of trousers. shoes i have never paid no more than £20 and thats in a club will not pay no more than £10 in the shops

so probably the dearest item i have purchased was a coat for £30.

Just got a Belstaff Jacket from Mr S for £795. I have to keep pretending I'm warm and cosy when I'm actually bloody freezing!

I've just paid £125 for a pair of boots.

I'm quite disgusted with myself - think of all the books I could have had for that amount of money. In fact, when I think of all the really life-enhancing things I could have bought - a flight to Rome, a beautiful picture or three for the walls, a truly wonderful bottle of wine and a night in a hotel with my love to drink it - I feel quite depressed.

The boots are lovely, but you know, they're just boots.

I think I've reached my limit :hihi: