And the winner will be  

30 members have voted

1. 1. And the winner will be

• Chris Hoy
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Rebecca Adlington
    • Andy Murray
    • Someone Else

3 gold medals in this years Olympics beats a Formula 1 World Championship anytime. Especially when the the way Hamilton got his points in the final race was a bit "strange", almost as "strange" as last years 2nd last race when he was kept out for an extra lap only to run out of fuel and lose the race. All that technology as well!!

At least you can't "fix" cycling when the engine is your legs. ;)

Well done Chris, and well deserved.

The irony ehh,

A Grand Prix driver in his multimillion pound racing car, beaten by a man on a push bike!:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Who's Chris Hoy really though, he's hardley a personality is he, no wonder people don't watch it anymore its a farce and full of nobodys, footballers should win everytime really just because of the amount of tele they get its ridicolous that some1 like that has won it.

What are you on about.

He has been on TV on several game shows, all the breakfast and early evening shows. He has become very well known and liked. he has shown himself to have a great sense of humour and modesty.

I also said earlier that you wouldn't get cold in a racesuit, so not sure what your point is?

Also don't see the relevance. Besides, you aren't cold for long if you are working hard enough.

Plus in motorsport, there is the inherent and ever present risk of being killed, a bit more of a price to pay than shivering a bit

I made the presumption about you and performance, because I have never met anyone who, after doing some proper track driving, still considered it 'just driving a car'. Whereas you appear to have made yours with no evidence to support it

As for the Tax thing: Most of an F1 driver's working life is spent away from the UK, so it would make little sense to be based here regardless of income. Not sure about 'lots who don't', I find the idea that high earners would actively want to contribute millions to the Government's coffers a little far-fetched. Some may not live in tax havens, but there's more than one way to skin a cat....

Oh the performance thing was about driving. ;)

The tax thing...

Many hundreds of high earners have stayed and paid...pop stars film stars top business execs artistes fashion gurus. There are those like Hamilton who avoid paying. I can understand it, but I prefer those who pay their way.

What are you on about.

He has been on TV on several game shows, all the breakfast and early evening shows. He has become very well known and liked. he has shown himself to have a great sense of humour and modesty.

Hoy is at a press conference in Beijing for Scottish journalists. Q: 'In the last 24 hours everyone has been offering an opinion on Chris Hoy. But what does Chris Hoy think of Chris Hoy?' Hoy: 'Chris Hoy thinks that the day Chris Hoy refers to himself in the third person is the day Chris Hoy disappears up his own arse.'

He was also somewhat of a talismanic figure for the whole cycling team and has shown himself many times to be a true sportsman. I'm so pleased he won - nobody more deserving. And Ellie Simmons for the YP - brilliant.

What I was bemused about was the complete lack of coverage of Mark Cavendish and his stupendous performance in the Tour de France this year - OK so he's got a massive chip on his shoulder and can be a pain in the neck, but his year has been truly amazing, and there was barely one mention of his name, let alone the Tour, or even any clips of his FOUR stage wins.

Poor show, BBC. Big hand to Cavendish from me.

Who's Chris Hoy really though, he's hardley a personality is he, no wonder people don't watch it anymore its a farce and full of nobodys, footballers should win everytime really just because of the amount of tele they get its ridicolous that some1 like that has won it.

I think you're mistaken, the awards for useless, overpaid, undertalented, to55ers is taking place next week.....

I agree. Makes me laugh how many people voted for nobodies like Hoy and Adlington who've never been to a cycling race or swimming match in their lives!

Funny how Hoy's vote has increased from 4-6 votes AFTER he was awarded!:hihi:

Will the 2 jokers stand up and be counted?;)

I agree. Makes me laugh how many people voted for nobodies like Hoy and Adlington who've never been to a cycling race or swimming match in their lives!

The reason I voted for Rebbecca Addlington is because she was unknown, and through her tremendous efforts in winning the golds she has become a role model for other swimmers.

When an athlete such as Rebbecca shows that she can beat the best in the world it gives encouragement for other Brits to try to do the same.

Do we want our young people to be the best, or would you rather all the give accolades to footballers.

A lot of the footballers in the top leagues are bought in from abroad at great expense, not only in money but at the expense of our youngsters trying to break into the top.

I don't understand you laughing just because people because they have not attended certain events, millions of people vote for various things without ever attending.

To say that we have been really good at cycling for ages now we do not seem to have many cycling awards available. Here are the the best links I can find for cycling trophies and cycling medals

We should have a Sheffield sports person of the year competition.