Films everyone else likes but you hate

Not sure anyone actually likes it anyway, but I have a total loathing for "Alexander".

What an absolute pile of steaming rubbish!

I'm OK with "swords and sandals" generally, but this was horrible.

Why, why, why was I subjected to this by a big studio?

I started watching that a few months ago and had to stop about half an hour in. I'll revisit it at some point though.

I started watching that a few months ago and had to stop about half an hour in. I'll revisit it at some point though.

I remember when it was released. A few days before we ran a press show. I almost fell asleep in the first 5 minutes thanks to the droning monologue by Anthony Hopkins at the beginning. By the end of the film, I wished I had fallen asleep! Such a mess of a film. Worst decision of the lot was having everyone adopt a dodgy Irish accent because Farrell refused to adopt anything else. Val Kilmer's accent was truly diabolical as a result! Sadly it seemed Jolie was left out of that Memo as she tried a dodgy middle eastern accent for no apparent reason!

If I recall right, after the film's release around 30 mins were cut as a response to the "too long and too messy" criticisms. Never bothered watching it to see if it improved it. Also heard that a longer cut was also made for DVD! Just in case anyone hated themselves enough to sit through an additional 30 minutes of tripe!

One good thing about it - it makes overblown garbage like Gladiator and Troy look amazing by comparison!

I love Troy. Watched it 6 or 7 times now. Stop bashing it Beaker!!!! :rant::hihi:

We've just watched Mama Mia - oh my god, how on earth has this film got to be the number one, best selling film of all time, in the UK. It was total pants. Can anyone explain it to me cos I think I'm missing something :huh:

I found it excruciatingly awful as well.

I don't get what all the fuss is about with The Godfather films. I watched 10 minutes of the first one and switched it off because I was bored.

I'm not keen on The Blues Brothers and I used to love Shawshank but now it just bores me.

How can you judge a film on the first 10 minutes? Especially a trilogy which probably clocks in at around 9 hours.

Maybe hate is a strong word. But there are some films that always end up in those '100 greatest film' lists or are just loved by everyone it seems and I really can't get into them or understand why.

Forrest Gump - quite funny but Tom Hanks is so annoying in this film and that box of chocolates line really angers me, it's nothing like life because there's a bloody DESCRIPTION CARD in the lid. Grrr.

Shrek films, urghhhhhhh just go away!

Pirates of the Carribbean - Johhny Depp might be pretty but talk about style over substance.

Gone with the Wind - Ok, I saw this when probably too young, but about 4 hours of spoilt brat vivien Leigh being a spoilt brat and cardboard cut out Clark Gable doesn't constitute the greatest love story ever told to me. I found more romance in 10 seconds of Buffalo 66 that the whole of that film, and I usually love old films.

Rant over! Haha.

Prometheus. Just got back from watching it and it was awful.

Reservoir dogs-have tried to appreciate it over the years,but it's just awful!

Prometheus. Just got back from watching it and it was awful.

The title of this thread is "Films everyone else likes but you hate", and most of the comments I've read about this film have been how awful it is.

I quite liked it, so if there was a thread titled "Films everyone else hates but you like", I would personally mention it there.

I really didn't like Forest Gump, loads of people pestered me to watch it and there was nothing really that good about it, it just seemed a bit boring...

Got to be Crash for me. Saw it when it first came out & hated it. Watched it about a month ago to make sure, hated it even more. Best Picture Oscar you are having a laugh.

For me only one stand out bloody, "Top Gun", god its garbage.