Films everyone else likes but you hate

The Big Lebowski - I have no idea why so many people love this film.

I don't get what all the fuss is about with The Godfather films. I watched 10 minutes of the first one and switched it off because I was bored.

I'm not keen on The Blues Brothers and I used to love Shawshank but now it just bores me.

I don't get what all the fuss is about with The Godfather films. I watched 10 minutes of the first one and switched it off because I was bored.

I'm not keen on The Blues Brothers and I used to love Shawshank but now it just bores me.

10mins of The Godfather.

You missed the alien abduction of Don Corleone, it gets a lot better after that.

Any chick flick they bore me senceless (two worst are Pretty Woman, Sliding Doors Yawn)

Titanic

Withnail and I

Reservoir Dogs/Pulp Fiction

Bladerunner

three absolute classics .......

what do you watch when you're not watching cartoons:hihi:

Halloween or any other Horror films.

So called Comedies, such as (Scary Movie) that mock other comedies.

Any other offensive dribble such as Ali G, The InBetweeners and Kevin and Perry Go Large.

Totally agree with Withnail & I; biggest pile of crap I've seen in a long time.

Felt like asking for a refund (not for money, for the 2 hours of my life I wasted) after watching Lost in Translation... did not get the hype at all.

funny that, I' usually find women have to watch withnail and I. 3 or 4 times to "get it" and most just don't .....wonder why?

plus I've yet to meet an australian or american that does get it:hihi:

yet the very same people go into hysterics when watching the full monty ,especially women:suspect:

Edited by johncocker

I still love Star Wars and LOTR but I think Peter Jackson could've been more sympathetic to the original lines in the book. using the term: "Let's hunt some Ork!" will have Tolkein turning in his grave.

I am not a fan of The star Wars films

James Bond films

I also don't really like Adam Sandler, Owen Wilson or Ben Stiller so find most of their films awful too and i know they are seen as popular comic actors!

I generally agree with the 'classics' to an extent, enough that I don't often hate films that are universally revered. Citizen Kane is a good example of this actually. I haven't watched it for 5 or 6 years now but I can see why people criticise it. It doesn't have the heart of It's A Wonderful Life or Gone With The Wind, even How Green Was My Valley which (perhaps justifiably) pipped it to the best pic Oscar. Its importance is generally cited for its influence on film technique itself rather than storytelling but there is (from what I remember) enough there to make me appreciate it, even if I don't love it. I'll rewatch it and report back at some point. Garbage films like Transformers are a different situation because although it is unfathomably popular there seems to be a large number of people who feel the same way as I do. For that reason I cannot include it on this thread.

The ONLY film that I can think of that fits the bill is...

The Breakfast Club.

Can i add The Twilight saga to this, having worked over the weekend in the cinema it seems like the whole of Sheffield has been to see the new one and I just don't get it . . . the whole Team Edward/Jacob thing and thats not just kids/teens but grown women!!

Not sure anyone actually likes it anyway, but I have a total loathing for "Alexander".

What an absolute pile of steaming rubbish!

I'm OK with "swords and sandals" generally, but this was horrible.

Why, why, why was I subjected to this by a big studio?