Films everyone else likes but you hate

I was disappointed with Fargo as well. I'm a big Coen Brothers fan, and usually their slow style means you're glued tot the screen, but in Fargo I was bored.

We've just watched Mama Mia - oh my god, how on earth has this film got to be the number one, best selling film of all time, in the UK. It was total pants. Can anyone explain it to me cos I think I'm missing something :huh:

Thank god someone else! I hated it, really bizarre movie, it wasn't like a film musical more of a stage musical filmed in a location. Laughed out loud at the chorus line of blokes in flippers and trunks dancing on the jetty

I agree with Beakerzoid - Citizen Kane - a triumph of style over content and so badly acted it's embarrassing.

Bad Lieutenant - Terrible film, absolutely awful, one of the worst films I've watched

Lost in Translation - totally lost me!!

2001 - ok I get that the model making etc was fantastic for its timen and I get the premise of the film, but boy does it go on, and on, and on!

Kill Bill - just don't get it!

Titanic - I hate that film

Me too. The "We've just met but you are the love of my live and I will die for you" just don't do it for me.

Also most of th Mr Bean films. I don't find them funny they just wind me up.

Lord of the Rings and The Matrix trilogies. Both the biggest most overrated piles of tosh ever created IMO.

Love Actually. I knew it was going to be complete drivel but I was speechless at how bad it really was! Anyone who owns a copy of that film or has voluntarily seen it more than once should be slowly tortured.

Donnie Darko. Having a film that only makes any kind of sense to people who've read the book that was circulated as part of the promo isn't inspired, it's moronic.

I honestly don't see what people love about the film when they tell me themselves they've no idea what's going on in it.

Sin City - pretty but characterless fetishised violence.

Pretty much anything by Quentin Tarantino - has no-one else noticed it's all the same film!?

Event Horizon - substandard Hellraiser in space

Titanic - appalling Hollywood-ised tripe

Lord Of The Rings - read the book - it's far superior!

Edited by evildrneil