Sign in to follow this  

Portable app; IE6?

Evening puter literate,

Just a quick enquiry, does anyone know where I can find a portable version of internet explorer 6?

Cheers

I think there is a portable version of IE7 ... You could always make your own portable version of IE6. :)

I think there is a portable version of IE7 ... You could always make your own portable version of IE6. :)

Yeah I did wonder about that? What does it involve just making a directory as if it was installed on your pc?

You would need to extract IE6 from it's directory. Why do you need a portable version of IE6? If you do so you will need an extractor and a decent one like 7-Zip or IZArc both Free!!

You would need to extract IE6 from it's directory. Why do you need a portable version of IE6? If you do so you will need an extractor and a decent one like 7-Zip or IZArc both Free!!

poo means a fair bit of faffing. I need it as it's the only browser compatible with some software I need to use, well; v5.5 - v6

I've search for the file which I had on HD, but doesn't look like I can find it. It was very familiar to this one.

I did have a IE6 non install, I know I have deleted that a few years back.

Have you tried any of the other browsers that run on the IE engine ... just a thought. :)

Cheers sav looks like I'll have to give that a go

Cheers ghozer! Just save tens of precious minutes of arsing around :thumbsup:

Cheers sav looks like I'll have to give that a go

Have you tried Ghozer's suggestion? Save all the faffing about, unless you want to like. :)