If you could (re)choose your first car...

Guest teebee

my first car was a ford fiesta, and i hated it, my second car was a nissian micra, and i loved that, so that one would be the car i would choose again,

I had an F reg metro and what a piece of crap it was - Granted it served me well but it was an absolute shed. To my mind I could've got a Vauxhall Nova 1.2i for a couple of quid extra and maybe a bit extra on the insurance but it'd have been far better and easier to work on.

My first car was a 1970 VW Beetle which I shared with my brother.

If I could re-choose, I'd have a pre 1967 model, I think they look a bit nicer with sloping headlamps!

We still have that car though, he's pickled in my mum's garage! Waiting for my children to grow up and claim him!

I didn't actually get my own car until 8 years ago- from when I passed my driving test until then (for about 13 years) I drove company cars. First my mum's company car that was from my dad's job (there were years when people who were relatively high up in car manufacturers could have more than one company car) and then as soon as I graduated, in fact before I officially graduated, I had my own company car.

My first car (8 years ago) was an elderly SAAB 9000, which was followed by an elderly SAAB 9000. After that I had a Renault Scenic motability car, and now I drive another elderly SAAB 9000.

I didn't choose the company car (and I'd have driven anything they gave me because I couldn't afford to do anything else) and I'm driving almost exactly the same model as the car I first chose now- so I guess that's a no then.

Mine was a 1979 Mini 850. I'd choose it again.

Excellent choice sir. Left you in good stead for many years of not breaking the speed limit too! Couldn't if you wanted to in that :lol:

My first own car was a fiesta and i'd choose it again as it saved my life. Exactly the right size for an Edna shaped head to fit in when it squished. In fact my next car, which i've still got, is also a fiesta.

I did like the first car my long term ex had though which was a ford capri. :thumbsup::hihi: Ace car!

Same car we have now, Toyota Yaris. 100% reliable and cheap to run/service. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't rechoose either.

Mine was a 1957 (sit up and beg) Ford Popular. It had to be hand cranked to start every time, had those vacuum (air powered) windscreen wipers, and traffic indicators that popped out the side. Let water in when it rained.

I loved it...cherished it..polished it.

I got stopped once for breaking the speed limit on herries road...said I was doing 50. The wind must have been behind me, lol.

Next favourite was mi Sunbeam Rapier...really posh in it's day.

It got nicked!

Registration HWA 304C

If anyone sees it it's mine. I still have the log book and ignition key.

It must be worth a few bob now.

My selection would be a Triumph TR6 even though my first car was a Lotus cortina mark 1 reg 271 JWA. I also had a Cooper S UKU 608,but the TR6 was a car that I would have liked together with the Jensson Intercepter.

I now drive a Golf TDI.

But a part of me would like to restore one of the classics.

I also had a Lotus Cortina Mk1 in my early driving career. I couldn't get on with the steering and chopped it for a 1275S reg XVL111. I still have quite a bit of the car around as I smashed it rather badly.

My first car was a 1929 Riley which I still have. I won't part with it although it is horrible to drive.

Certainly go with the TR6. Loads of fun but avoid the Interceptor. It will cost a fortune to keep on the road and is a trully dreadfull car. Should you still want one I know someone with 2 that they would probably sell to you.