If you could (re)choose your first car...

Which would it be, why ? What would you reccomend to others ?

I don't mean a corsa, saxo, fiesta etc, sensible 1st cars everyone gets because its, well, sensible.

But if you could choose again what would you go for with hindsight on your side. it has to be a realistic suggestion as it is a first car but it doesn't have to be boring?

I wouldn't re-choose my first car.....it was a sweet 1967 Ford Mustang. Maroon with white racing stripes down the side. I loved that car. Still do. I kept it for over 20 years and only sold it about 4 years ago. Sometimes, I wish I still had it.

I would re-choose any other than the one I had, it was a used Corvair that would just stop dead whenever it felt like it.

Sorry for sounding boring, but................ I would choose my reliable little Corsa again! She is almost 10 years old and has only let me down once in the three years I have had her!

I know of 5 other people with Corsa's who wouldn't swap them either!

I saw a nice little second hand Automatic for about £600 on a forecourt last week, if I could drive, and had the money, I'd buy something like that, it wasn't that old either, something like an R reg.

My selection would be a Triumph TR6 even though my first car was a Lotus cortina mark 1 reg 271 JWA. I also had a Cooper S UKU 608,but the TR6 was a car that I would have liked together with the Jensson Intercepter.

I now drive a Golf TDI.

But a part of me would like to restore one of the classics.

I wouldn't have bought a car. I would've saved my money and taken the damn bus. :rant:

I wouldn't re-choose either. My first car was a Rover Mini 35 special edition, I spent ages saving for it and really cherished it, fantastic first car to have (especially going around roundabouts :D). I had to get rid in the end as I'm a shade over 6ft, in the dark I used to get really bad headaches when driving due to being in-line with other peoples headlights. Shame really, I loved that car, still see it tootling about sometimes and still looks in good nick.

My first car was a B plate Vauxhall Nova in red and i'd have swapped it for anything :hihi:

I wouldn't change it.

So much so that I bid (unsuccessfully) on the same model (a Zastava Yugo hatchback) today on eBay.

At the time, I was embarrassed by it. Now I see its character and rarity. But then, I have a thing for "Eastern Europe Chic"

My first car was a mini (still not driven it), drive either a polo, transit, focus or 5 series at the moment - in the process of buying another mini :D