'Last of the Summer Wine' walk - Holmfirth Sunday 9th Nov 11:30

Got to laugh - our American cousins going for a walk

Put my name down for one of them!

Oooh and me! Just think, if I'd had one of them I wouldn't have missed any 'walks'!:D

________

OUTDOOR AMATEUR

Edited by Hemlock

Hi guy's not logged in for a while, just saying hello, poss see you one sunday.:cool::thumbsup::gag::P;):loopy::rant::hihi::love:

Just bumping this one seeing as the walk is nearly upon us, only a couple of days for any old hands or new people to put their names down.

The weather forecast isn't all that good, but it's not as if the walk is over Kinder or the Saddleworth Moors and there will be plenty of opportunities for cafe/pub stops.

So anyone out there who is in two minds over this one, please come and join us all. We don't bite (much) :)

Hopefully I will be OK for Sunday, I went for a flu jab earlier this week and as a result I'm feeling like I've got flu - typical!

I've cancelled my planned trip to Manchester tonight, but I'm still hoping to go over tomorrow afternoon and travel from there to Holmfirth on Sunday.

Just bumped into the newbie who came last weekend and he's suffering from flu' as well so he's not coming.

Is it a coincidence that we went to Eyam last week - hope it's only flu:hihi:

Well, that was great fun. Cold, wet and above all muddy!

Nice to meet a couple of new people today..

These photos are of course what you are all waiting for....a once in a lifetime never to be repeated chance to see Scoobz go A over T into a load of mud. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Thanks to the Hemlocks for the lift!

I thought the Eyam walk last week was muddy, but I've never seen mud like we encounted today :gag: You had to laugh or you would have cried. The sight of Scoobz sat in the middle of the mud will stay with me till my dying day :hihi:

When we finally got back to Holmfirth he had to buy some "new" trousers from a charity shop . The old woman who worked there began to shout "off off off " as he began to strip in the shop, she thought all her birthdays had come at once :loopy:

Great photos Taxman, but you didn't quite capture the amount of mud that was there !

Well, what a first walk back after a couple of months being incapacitated! Am I glad I decided to take an 'abridged' version of the walk once it was obvious the group was lost (lost? THe walking group! Never!!) I was very lucky to miss the mud bath near the end. But, not lucky enough to miss the commotion caused by one group leader in the charity shop looking for some clean dry trousers. I've never seen charity shop volunteers get so over excited as they goaded him to take his trousers off, chanting 'off, off, off!!' as they clapped their hands!

Nice trousers for ?3 - pity they didn't have the underpants to go with them!!!

________

DIGITAL CONVECTION VAPORIZER

Edited by Hemlock

Ha ha, I can't decide if I'm glad I missed this one or sorry! The pics of Ray stuck in the mud will be going up on ALL the notice boards at work!! :hihi::hihi:

A nice set of photos Taxman - walking AND mud wrestling. What a versatile bunch the walkers are:hihi:

Well, what can I say. As the biggest "mud-dodger" in the world, I didn't do a very good job today I'm afraid :rant:

Really pleased though that I have appeared to make a few peoples day; I wish I could tell you that having a mudbath was ok, and that it was nothing, but sadly I can't. I've had mud today in places that don't normally see daylight, and it wasn't pleasant I can tell you :o. But as GL I can hold my head up and say without fear of contradiction that I did what I had to do, I soldiered on in the face of adversity, and came out of the other side a better man!

Also got a smashing pair of new kecks courtesy of Help the Whatever charity shop in Holmfirth, which for £3 are an absolute snip. Cheers to Hemlock btw, for helping in the fitting room. A pair of safe hands were much appreciated :D.

Back to the walk.............what a super day up in Last of the Summer Wineland today. We must go there again, it's a lovely area, and not very far away at all really.

Despite the mud and the lousy weather I had a fabulous day today, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope our 2 newbies did too, and that we'll see you both again, Eclair and Glynn. Was also great to have Carol W with us again today too, all the way from Wales - hope you've got your car fixed Carol -

Nice too to have purplebeetle back amongst us after her African adventure, and especially nice to have not lost her in the mud, although it was touch and go at one bit :roll: And there is where the `mud story` began. Purplebeetle gets stuck almost to her knees in mud, Ray goes to save her and gets stuck above his knees, Purplebeetle gets out unaided, Scoobz rescues Ray, Scoobz ends up horizontal in mud :gag:

No point dwelling on it though, I'll deal with the nightmares in my own way! Roll-call today was Hemlock, Mr Hemlock, Carol W, Neoteric, Taxman, Billysmum, Purplebeetle, Ray, Glynn, Eclair, Sherwood1, Scoobz