Absolutely fuming!!!

Bought a Nintendo DS from Comet last night at 6pm, got home, faulty, screen not correct (nothing to do with callaboration). Took it back (well my husband did) and they wouldnt exchange it! They said it will have to be sent off to Nintendo for repair!! Well im soorry but when I have had the product less than 24 hours its just not good enough!!! if i'd have been there no way would I have let them get away with saying that but my husband is not assertive enough! Anyway I phoned them up at head office and they said its down to the individual store and as they said it has to go away for repair then so be it!!! Im absolutely disgusted!!!

They clearly don't understand or choose to ignore the law then. You can insist on a refund or replacement - personally I'd go for the refund if their attitude is that bad.

If it was brand new then I'm sure that the products have to be of good working order or else you're entitled to a full refund or replacement? The contract of sale is between you and the store, NOT you and Nintendo!

Maybe a call to trading standards is in order :)

To be honest, DSG stores are staffed by a bunch of monkeys...

Where did you buy it from DG? They should have exchanged I would have thought. The fault came from then.

SWale of goods act states that the product has to be fit for purpose, and as you bought it from them, the contract is with them, not Nintendo, ask to speak to the manager and ask them why they breaching the sales of goods act, get their full name because if they fail to replace it then its them thats in breach of the sales of goods act and can be prosacuted :D

If it was brand new then I'm sure that the products have to be of good working order or else you're entitled to a full refund or replacement? The contract of sale is between you and the store, NOT you and Nintendo!

Maybe a call to trading standards is in order :)

To be honest, DSG stores are staffed by a bunch of monkeys...

This is comet not currys, although both are the same in reality really.

You are entitled to a full refund.

Your sale of contract is with the store, the item has to be fit for use.

I would be going back in and not moving till my money was back in my hand.

Tell them you have taken legal advice(not from us lot obviously;))

This is comet not currys

Looks like you're right :) Why did I think they were part of DSG :huh:

Or fo course if you paid by credit card you can just claim the money back from the card company as they are jointly liable - it's worth mentioning to the store that you will do this as the card company will then just take the pennies back from the store which is annoying for them.

You are entitled to an exchange or a full refund.

I personally would never buy from Comet or any of the other stores within the group.

Everyone's right - you're entitled to a full refund - regardless of what the shop tells you. Individual retailers may think their policies supercede English law - but they don't.

If you have any problems, contact Consumer Direct on: 08454 04 05 06