Has anyone got a windows xp service pk 3 disk

hi

could any help my computer is saying that my windows is not genune

and i know it is but cant find code or disc anywere has any one got one please

thanks

Hi

you should be able to prove it's genuine by activating online. I'm afraid I don't have a disk but maybe this may be of some use?

thanks pal

it was ok till i caught the pc off button then when i turned it back on this came up

what a pain it is

thanks for info will try later

If your copy of XP is definitely a genuine copy then give Microsoft a ring.

Using another XP disc will only get you 30days grace if you do not have a genuine COA (Certificate of Authenticity)

If your copy of XP isn't genuine then you'll need to purchase a copy or use an alternative OS.

There should be a sticker on your PC with the code on it.Most people stick them on when they get a genuine copy of windows.

i did have a disc with the code stuck to it but cant find it

i took a load of stuff to tip

hope it wasnt in that lot

There are instructions on how to validate your copy of XP here - if it can't be validated on line it should give you a phone number to call and they will give you a ridiculously long code to enter, but it should work after that.

There are instructions on how to validate your copy of XP here - if it can't be validated on line it should give you a phone number to call and they will give you a ridiculously long code to enter, but it should work after that.

The OP has lost the COA, that method wouldn't work. Are you thinking of when you have reinstalled Windows on more than 10 occasions? Then you need to activate via phoning Microsoft and they will give you a 56 digit number to enter.

I think that if you run the WGA tool, it checks that it is a valid copy that is installed and validates it. We had to ring up to validate a copy of Office on Mac, but they didn't need any more information than came up on the screen.

I think that if you run the WGA tool, it checks that it is a valid copy that is installed and validates it. We had to ring up to validate a copy of Office on Mac, but they didn't need any more information than came up on the screen.

Sorry - Just re-reading the thread again and if the OP hasn't reinstalled Windows then they would be fine just phoning Microsoft and explaining what's happened. They are usually very helpful - I have had no problem with a copy of XP activated 16 times via phone. :)

thanks everyone now sorted phoned microsoft and got it valid