Broadband in Treeton - Please help!

Hi , Is there anyone out here that lives in Treeton and has successful Broadband? We live on he Beaumont Park estate, and apparently have the wrong phone lines for broadband.(ie they are not copper wires) We have tried lots of companies who all say we can't get broadband.We signed up with Talk Talk who said we could get it, but it all went badly wrong and we were left with no phone or dial up internet for weeks, so we abandoned that plan LOL

So anyone in Treeton got broadband? I'm surre some people do have it. So who have you got it with? Was it a total pain to set up?and does it work now?

Or anyone got mobile broadband? Who with ? is it reliable. I know my mobile signal is non existent in the house so don't know if this would work.

Or failing that any broadband experts give me any advice. My pitifully slow dial up is driving me mad!:mad:

my mate has broadband they live on mill lane and they are with b,t they say its ok they got bt phone package 2

Hi Loupoppins

I live on Wood Lane and currently have wireless broadband with Sky. There were no problems having it installed although if I'm honest the signal isn't as strong as I would have liked and we tend to have problems keeping a constant connection however this could be down to the distance between our modem and PC.

Before this we used Plusnet and they were really good, no problems with tham at all - only changed to sky cause it was cheaper. Pretty sure both of these companies could provide you with broadband.

Which is that estate? One of the newer ones? Sounds like you might have aluminium cables installed which won't carry broadband. Difficult to say without more info...

Hi, yep it is one of the newer ones - our house is about 7 years old. Have been told various things about our phonelines - they have I think said they are fibre optic lines, with something calle Tpon on - no clue what that means - just that everyone tells us we can't get Broadband. Bt say we can't get it. Plus loads of other companies we've tried. Don't think this effects the whole village - just the newer houses....

Think we asked about sky too and that was a no.... may double check that...

Hi there, we live on Beaumont Park and we are with Orange, we have broadband not a brilliant speed but good enough for most things, we did have a problem a couple of years ago but things seem slowly to be getting better

My Fiance lives on Wood Lane with BT, and it's shocking connection. It's because they live so far from the telephone exchange.

Shame they don't get cable up there...

Hi there, we live on Beaumont Park and we are with Orange, we have broadband not a brilliant speed but good enough for most things, we did have a problem a couple of years ago but things seem slowly to be getting better

Hi, Is that mobile broadband or regular? Did you have any problems in the setting up process? What is their customer service like?Thanks for the info.

Hi again, its normal broadband, they supply a live box, we have a wireless network 3 pcs plus xbox working off it no problems, easy to set up network, I haven`t had to get in touch with Cus. sevices but acording to different forums this is not their strong point, hope that helps.

My sis lives on Wood Lane and has broadband through Sky without problems. Plus net however were ****.

I have broadband and I live in the older new estate on the right as you leave the village, plus know others on the new estate on the left who have a broadband connection which is fine.

Some years ago their was trouble getting broadband into the village, cant remember the details but it was sorted.

Fibre (sometimes referred to as TPON - Telephone over Passive Optical Networks) was used tactically in certain areas to overcome some specific operational problems, involving capacity and line length.

It is a way of using fibre optics to carry several hundred telephone lines. When close to the end-user premises the fibre optic is broken out back into many traditional copper phone lines. Generally it is used for new housing estates that are a long way away from existing exchanges, or where putting 100's of lines worth of copper is expensive, e.g. existing trunking is full and it crosses a bridge for example

quoted from Thinkbroadband.com

BT were supposed to be looking into it years ago but I dont think anything ever happened.