A part of Darnall has disapeared.

Just been through Darnall and noticed Greenthorpes famous garage has been demolished.Another landmark gone.

I think sad part was when t'old fella Mr Greenthorpe died, the garage was his legacy and I suppose it eventually had to go after a lingering decline in the last few years. He had always tried to improve year on year with his scrap yard business and the Volvo village but there was not enough business there now for it to be profitable enough to survive.

Just been through Darnall and noticed Greenthorpes famous garage has been demolished.Another landmark gone.
I noticed it the other day on my way past on a stock run to a warehouse. :( Totally confused me, as did the missing Enfield pub when that was demolished. You lose your bearings!

Any idea yet what's going to replace it?

First the old bus garage being replaced by b&q, then Morrisons being replaced by Lidl, and now this - most of the pubs closed too - it's really changed a lot lately down there...

That new housing estate on Staniforth Rd too, where the old works used to be. Although that looks considerably better than what it's replaced, you still wonder where you are for a moment till you get used to it.

My Nan lived in Helen Road, off Greenland Road, and round the corner from Coleridge Road,that disappeared along time ago.

The site is being redeveloped as another petrol station with improved facilities.