Ross and Brand: who likes them?

Do you like Ross and Brand?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Ross and Brand?

• I like Jonathan Ross. He's funny! Brand is rubbish.
    • I like Russell Brand. He's funny! Ross is rubbish.
    • I like them both.
    • I don't like either of them.
    • I don't have a sense of humour.

all my m8s think brand is sexy! think id rather sleep with Fat Joe from mcdonalds than him!

I'm afraid I subscribe to the view of "If you don't like it, don't listen". I don't like either Russell Brand or Steve Wright, so I listen to neither of them. I do however respect that other people might like them both, and therefore accept that my licence fee goes towards paying them.

I am not in any way attempting to justify or excuse the actions of Ross or Brand, as I believe them to be inexcusable, however the only reason that most of us are aware of the (unfunny and distateful) prank is as a result of the involvement of The Mail (Chip Wrapper which supported the Nazis and Oswold Moseley's Browshirts) and The Sun (has everyone forgotten the lies they published after Hillsborough?)

Isn't it wonderful to be manipulated by the press?

Yes it is particularly galling when the Daily Mail and other tabloids are far more insulting than Brand or Ross were regularly to whole sections of the population and to add to the hypocrisy to Georgina Baillie herself by showing her in various stages of undress and in the Sun topless. Ref

The hypocrisy of the tabloids in going for Russell and Brand over behaviour they themselves have turned in to an artform can only be explained by their hatred of the BBC and in the Daily mails case their 20% stake in the BBC's competitor ITV.

I am farily indifferent to both of them. Although I have respect for Brand for the programme he did on Nazi boy Mark Collett of the BNP.

I think people would be a lot less irritated by them if they were being paid by someone else, rather than from the license fee tax

I think people would be a lot less irritated by them if they were being paid by someone else, rather than from the license fee tax

I think YOU would be a lot less irritated by them if they were being paid by someone else, rather than from the license fee. I think most people are more tolerant and less easily caught up in a Daily Mail story hype.

I think YOU would be a lot less irritated by them if they were being paid by someone else, rather than from the license fee. I think most people are more tolerant and less easily caught up in a Daily Mail story hype.

And I think while YOU are caught up in the notion that most of Ross and Brands' detractors are Daily Mail readers caught up in a hype, you seriously underestimate people's ability to form their own conclusions about a given series of events and respond accordingly.

Ross seemed ok in his younger and hungrier days but he's become quite tiresome since his profile has increased so much. His interviews can be cringeworthy, where you find yourself watching the super-confident hijinks of a man who believes his own hype. His having his mates on the show all the time also grates and probably contributes to people feeling that they are paying TV Licensing for the privilege of watching hugely-paid broadcasters simply amusing themselves.

Brand is a total p--staker ("Hare Krisna, Hare Krisna") and, even though he has resigned, seems to care less what people think than Ross, which can be a good thing. Ross is the more 'guilty' party and I suspect the more cowardly.

As long as the BBC force us to pay a license fee, there will be those who protest that content they provide is a waste of our funds. Totally (and typically) hypocrital of the Daily Mail to aggravate this situation bearing in mind their ITV interests. Just think If they had their own TV station! The content they would provide for us doesn't bear thinking about.

i am more inclined to believe that this is milking publicity for his grandaughter now, than any real upset.

She did seem rather pleased when they interviewed her.

Had Russell Brand actually slept with her?

Had Russell Brand actually slept with her?

Unfortunately yes, but no one ever said becoming famous was easy.

Deleted here and reposted somewhere more relevant.

And I think while YOU are caught up in the notion that most of Ross and Brands' detractors are Daily Mail readers caught up in a hype, you seriously underestimate people's ability to form their own conclusions about a given series of events and respond accordingly.

The medium by which the news is spread after the event is not the issue, the issue is that you or I would never have been having this discussion were it not for the hype from a third party medium. I don't listen to Brand and would have known nothing. Do you listen to Brand's show?

A full and (I think) balanced overview is here:-

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/neil_mccormick/blog/2008/10/30/in_defence_of_ross_and_brand

I've just watched an interview with some top brass from the BBC and he said they wern't alerted to the issue until the Mail on Sunday reported it.

And in response to this previous post by Til Man and Hecate, theres lot's of atrocities (not that this is a bad as an atrocity, still bad though) that just do not get reported, but they still happen and effect peoples lives.

One of my old saying was, 'when does a joke stop being funny', i.e. when is a comment which highlights an issue turn into bullying?