Ross and Brand: who likes them?

Do you like Ross and Brand?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Ross and Brand?

• I like Jonathan Ross. He's funny! Brand is rubbish.
    • I like Russell Brand. He's funny! Ross is rubbish.
    • I like them both.
    • I don't like either of them.
    • I don't have a sense of humour.

Although sometimes they are amusing I have a bit of a dislike for both of them.

Ross's show has brilliant guests who we rarely get to see on TV but is completely ruined by Ross's leering, swearing, embarrassing attempts at jokes and constant interruptions when he finally gets a question out. The job of the presenter is to be interested and well researched in the guests careers isn't it?

A famous actress (older lady) was on the other week and all he could talk about was how she had worked with HIS male heroes.... Get over yourself Jonathan.

His radio show is quite good though.

Russell Brand I really don't like much.

I think the BBC are right to suspend them and Ofcom is right to investigate this. Things can go too far when people are trying to be funny but to broadcast it is going WAY too far.

'canny' old man springs to mind for me. :)

if he'd found the stunt funny, as many would have done, (including me at his age) there would be no story.

i am more inclined to believe that this is milking publicity for his grandaughter now, than any real upset.

and a lot of ross detractors mention the amount of money he earns...which just indicates jealousy to me.

whilst i'd agree he earns a lot. his show is very popular. supply and demand and simple economics.

So, it's basically all his fault, for not having a sense of humour. Never mind that what they did is probably actually illegal, and is being investigated by Ofcom.

As for milking publicity, I think you'll find Andrew Sachs has had very little to say on this matter, it's the general public (and the media) who've been expressing their outrage at the incident.

Brand is rubbish - sub Kenneth Williams wittering IMO.

Ross is usually funny on his saturday radio show. I dont have a TV so cant comment on what either of them may or may not be like on that.

I don't think that leaving offensive answer phone messages is funny. At least not since I was about 13 years old.

So, it's basically all his fault, for not having a sense of humour. Never mind that what they did is probably actually illegal, and is being investigated by Ofcom

i'm not blaming anyone dozy. simply stating that, had he found it funny, as many people would have done, there would be no story.

'canny' old man springs to mind for me. :)

if he'd found the stunt funny, as many would have done, (including me at his age) there would be no story.

i am more inclined to believe that this is milking publicity for his grandaughter now, than any real upset.

and a lot of ross detractors mention the amount of money he earns...which just indicates jealousy to me.

whilst i'd agree he earns a lot. his show is very popular. supply and demand and simple economics.

So if someone doesn't find being harassed funny, they need to develop a sense of humour? :confused::help::gag: I think you'll find you're seriously out of step with most people here

It's not Andrew Sachs who's in any way at fault here

StarSparkle

So if someone doesn't find being harassed funny, they need to develop a sense of humour?

my quote that you've highlighted is a statement, not advice

Brand is rubbish - sub Kenneth Williams wittering IMO.

Ross is usually funny on his saturday radio show. I dont have a TV so cant comment on what either of them may or may not be like on that.

I don't think that leaving offensive answer phone messages is funny. At least not since I was about 13 years old.

Exactly. It's the sort of thing an immature 13 year old might find funny. Most people grow up though and realise harassing people isn't actually funny, just pathetic

StarSparkle

Meh, Wossy's an untalented verbally retarded twit, and Brand's a tool.

Their 'humour' is far too juvenile for my taste... I don't watch or listen to either now, as no-one forces me to but while-ever someone, somewhere, is willing to pay them vast sums for 'entertaining the public', who can blame them for taking the money... good luck to 'em!

N.B. I no longer watch live tv, therefore I don't pay a licence-fee, as I don't need to. It's satisfying to know that I'm not one of the millions who are forced to fund them and the many other over-paid under-talented entertainers of their kind... :)

I like both Ross and Brand (in fact, I would hail him as a modern comedy genius alongside his partner matt morgan as well as all-round beautiful person) and no, I've not changed my mind. Given the state of the economy at the moment, I'm guessing the media is making more of this than they would otherwise do.

Ross's Radio show is OK, but I can't stand his chat show.

Of the times I've listened to Brand's radio show, I've quite enjoyed it, although some of his humour is lost on me. I can't stand his TV work either, though.

I think the issue is that both don't have a great deal of talent, and rely heavily on other aspects of their persona.

I like how a few phone messages has become "harassment".

Where they left over a period of months or something ?