Ross and Brand: who likes them?

Do you like Ross and Brand?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Ross and Brand?

• I like Jonathan Ross. He's funny! Brand is rubbish.
    • I like Russell Brand. He's funny! Ross is rubbish.
    • I like them both.
    • I don't like either of them.
    • I don't have a sense of humour.

I like Ross but consider Brand to be a mockney, pseudo Dickensian, big mouthed ******.... However I do not think he ought to have been bullied out of his radio show by a press hate campain led by the Mail on Sunday and The Sun

I like Ross but consider Brand to be a mockney, pseudo Dickensian, big mouthed ******.... However I do not think he ought to have been bullied out of his radio show by a press hate campain led by the Mail on Sunday and The Sun

No he shouldn't have been bullied out by the press. The BBC should have done it. Just like they should do with the no talent slime-ball Ross. They're being paid with the public's licence money, and shoud be made to see that they must earn their wage, not claim it under the pretense of self indulgent, un-funny garbage.

No he shouldn't have been bullied out by the press. The BBC should have done it. Just like they should do with the no talent slime-ball Ross. They're being paid with the public's licence money, and shoud be made to see that they must earn their wage, not claim it under the pretense of self indulgent, un-funny garbage.

I'm afraid I subscribe to the view of "If you don't like it, don't listen". I don't like either Russell Brand or Steve Wright, so I listen to neither of them. I do however respect that other people might like them both, and therefore accept that my licence fee goes towards paying them.

I am not in any way attempting to justify or excuse the actions of Ross or Brand, as I believe them to be inexcusable, however the only reason that most of us are aware of the (unfunny and distateful) prank is as a result of the involvement of The Mail (Chip Wrapper which supported the Nazis and Oswold Moseley's Browshirts) and The Sun (has everyone forgotten the lies they published after Hillsborough?)

Isn't it wonderful to be manipulated by the press?

I used to love Russell Brand on the Dance Floor Chart on MTV. It'd play the top ten club songs each week and between each song you'd have Russell Brand interviewing clubbers. He'd ask them mad questions and because most of the clubbers were mashed at the time, they'd all love it and play along. I've not generally found Jonathon Ross that funny although I did laugh when he asked David Cameron if he'd ever masturbated over Margaret Thatcher when younger.

In relation to the current scandal though, I really don't like the idea that you can set acceptable bounds on comedy from up high. Comedy sets its own boundaries and the assumption should never be how to protect adults from offence. I decide what offends me, not someone else.

All over the country you have people telling bad taste jokes to their friends and sending them as texts. No matter what the situation, there'll be a joke going round about it. If the Queen were to die tomorrow, there'd be jokes going round about it within days. It's part of the human condition that we tell jokes that we know are in bad taste but laugh at them anyway. Long may it continue.

if someone abuses you in the street, it can count as an assault. If they broadcast it nationwide after you have asked them not to, then that may well be seen as harassment.

If they think it's so funny, why dont they do it to Lenox Lewis, then invite him on the show afterwards?

Precisely, I'd like to see Wossy insult the likes of Mike Tyson to his face and live to tell the tale!

like them both, JR more than RB as I've pretty much liked everything he's done and love his Sat morning show really hope it's not removed.

I hope the producers are also being held to account, think Brand's resignation is taking things too far.

think id be more upset knowin my grandaughter had slept with that ugly imbecile!

think id be more upset knowin my grandaughter had slept with that ugly imbecile!

yeah i agree, some women have no taste at all

Now that is a very good point :hihi: .

I listened to the phonecall and have to admit laughing a few times, sometimes out of shock which is how they work, but also at how quick they are. I didn't see it as abusing Andrew Sachs per se but rather a platform for them to burble their rambling nonsense which is quite funny. He was just caught in the crossfire in a way and provided the odd bit of stimulus.

I think Jonathan Ross is OK, less aggressive than he used to be if anything and I think his ability to recount stories from any subject matter is prett impressive. I like Russell Brand more now recently, I love his Dickensian stuff as someone put it. I saw him on Big Brother's Big mouth a few years ago when it first started though and thought he looked like lawrence llewelyn bowen and I just wished he'd stop shouting.

I know. I blame the grandparents.

yeah i agree, some women have no taste at all

and by all accounts there were at least two of them that night