What is religion?

Oh god, not another thread! :

(

?God?aint listening and never did, but plenty are earning a living pretending 'it' is.

Do religious schools have better performing students, because they'll obediently believe anything you tell them?

Thought control for the masses

And the worlds best salesmen. They could sell ice to eskimos, and propped up by politicians. But you have to blame the customers.

And the worlds best salesmen. They could sell ice to eskimos, and propped up by politicians. But you have to blame the customers.

I liked it so much, I bought the company!

I liked it so much, I bought the company!

Buddy, could you spare a dime?

/

Do religious schools have better performing students, because they'll obediently believe anything you tell them?

The boy could never learn mathematics, though transferred from school to school.

At last, he was sent to a Catholic school, and soon was top of the class.

"Why?" asked his father.

"At the door, they have this big plus sign. And I sure don't want them to do to me what they did to that guy!"

Why are people on Sheffield Forum obsessed with religion? I'm sure people aren't like this in real life.

Self propagating memeplexes hell bent on world domination, well at least one of them is.

Why are people on Sheffield Forum obsessed with religion? I'm sure people aren't like this in real life.

Because the UK is now overpoweringly peace loving atheist.

Those 27 Bishops in the House of Lords are not a true reflection of the

nations non religious thoughts.

They get about 1 third of the vote up there, a fading Christianity should not

command that much power.

It deffo gets plenty of bandwidth.

Religion is whatever you want it to be. Isn't that the beauty? One can interpret it anyway they like in modern society and it is all equally valid and all to be respected.

In the past, it seems to have been essentially a way to control the proletariat masses and make them more productive and docile... apparently.