Did anyone go to Grimesthorpe Junior School ?

I went to Grimesthorpe Juniors, 1968 - 1971 I think and then a year at Whiteways i can't remember many teachers

Mr Langley - really tall man with dark glasses nicknamed me Wendy Wobbles (I was overweight)

Miss Boyd.. later married and became Mrs Cundle....our classroom was in prefabs at the back she used to read to us on the grass round the back I was devasted when she moved away. She gave us her address to write..don't think i ever did Muskoka Avenue..I thought it was the other end of the country..many years later found it is other side of Sheffiled. I still have the Black Beauty Book she gave me when she left....a treasured possession..wonder is she is still around and realises she had such and impact? I have always had great love of reading since and passed to my daughters.

Mrs Jackson....as well as Mrs Cundell the reason I went into teaching late in life...what an actress she was! Purple suits, black wigs and cartwheels down the classroom.

Grimesthorpe Junior 4a in 1960/61

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/Rawson21/j4a.jpg

Back row: Laurence Briggs, Michael Gomersall, Peter Stubbs, Stephen Taffinder, Frank Shaw, Keith Johnson, Philip Turner, Stephen Crowther, Stuart Burnham, Roger Fowler, Mr.Charlesworth

Second Row: Paul Slack, Mick Barrett, Linda Challinor, Heather Bailey, Pamela Needham, Susan Kay, Joan Holland, Beryl Gent, ?, Craig Barson

Third Row: Pat Hodgson, Susan Baines, Janice Butler, Mary Glaves, Sandra Dawson, Susan Allott, Susan Hinchcliffe, Margaret Dewick, Ann Cooper, Susan Boardman

Front row: Dave Rawson, Dave Kitson, Mick Rawson, John Holbrook, Stephen Claypole

Hi Walt I must show this photo to our Janice when I next see her. I think I've seen it on the grimesthorpe thread was trying to post a photo on there from photobucket but having probs, thought the photo might generate some chat from those of my generation who haven't been on for ages e.g nettiej, flo fennel, doyle and hindy to mention but a few. I also remember mrs Haresign and Mr Winlow from Grimesthorpe Juniors.

Hi i'm Geoff, ex-pat of grimesthorpe. Went to owler lane infants 1950-53 grimesthorpe junior school 1953-57, owler lane secondary modern 1957-60 and central technical school 1960-61...

Anyone else?

I went to Grimesthorpe Juniors, 1968 - 1971 I think and then a year at Whiteways i can't remember many teachers

Mr Langley - really tall man with dark glasses nicknamed me Wendy Wobbles (I was overweight)

Miss Boyd.. later married and became Mrs Cundle....our classroom was in prefabs at the back she used to read to us on the grass round the back I was devasted when she moved away. She gave us her address to write..don't think i ever did Muskoka Avenue..I thought it was the other end of the country..many years later found it is other side of Sheffiled. I still have the Black Beauty Book she gave me when she left....a treasured possession..wonder is she is still around and realises she had such and impact? I have always had great love of reading since and passed to my daughters.

Mrs Jackson....as well as Mrs Cundell the reason I went into teaching late in life...what an actress she was! Purple suits, black wigs and cartwheels down the classroom.

I reckon that were mr Bentley a right big headed ****:hihi:

Hi i'm Geoff, ex-pat of grimesthorpe. Went to owler lane infants 1950-53 grimesthorpe junior school 1953-57, owler lane secondary modern 1957-60 and central technical school 1960-61...

Anyone else?

Seems as if you were a year ahead of me. I left in 1958. My teachers were Miss Hanson, Miss Heaney, Mr Mason and Mr Ambler. Then I went to High Storrs.

Sorry about belated reply,not been well last couple of days,anyway,recognise all your teachers names,looking at my school reports -still have them!-I was at G.school 1953-57

I went to Owlerlane infants then grimesthorpe followed by Owlerlane senior which changed to earl marshal Does anyone remember Mrs Jackson always wore black

I also went to Grimesthorpe Juniors. Started at Owler Lane Infants Jan 1960 till July 62, then Grimesthorpe from Sept 62 till July 66, then back down to Owler Lane High School from Sept 66 till I left in July 71. Not sure if the dates are right. It has been a long, long time since I left school. Owler Lane High School did change to Earl Marshal Comprehensive while I was there, but can't remember a Mrs Jackson.

I left earl marshal in 71 mr bore ham was my teacher mrs Jackson was at grimesthorpe

---------- Post added 16-06-2014 at 21:07 ----------

I left earl marshal school in 1971 mra Jackson was at grimes Thorpe my last teacher was mr boreham

I left earl marshal in 71 mr bore ham was my teacher mrs Jackson was at grimesthorpe

---------- Post added 16-06-2014 at 21:07 ----------

I left earl marshal school in 1971 mra Jackson was at grimes Thorpe my last teacher was mr boreham

We must have been in the same year as I also left in 71. My maiden name was Short and we lived in the prefabs on Wensley Drive till about 68.

Anyone else?

Hi wallace. We must have been there at the same time! I've just revisited grimesthorpe junior school. Didnt go to owler lane secondary but my late husband did (Dick, later known as richard). He was quite well known.

Sadly i lefy in 1959 so before other postings.

I've recently revisited the school with mixed feelings, though mostly good.