Re-cycling - How much do you do?

i recycle as much as i can even my unused furniture and clothes lol

We have collecting bins in the kitchen for cans, plastics and glass (which we take to a recycling point) and a paper bin outside which Veolia collect.

EDIT- and I Freecycle anything that could be of use to others, so that's a form of recycling (or at least reusing) I suppose.

We have collecting bins in the kitchen for cans, plastics and glass (which we take to a recycling point) and a paper bin outside which Veolia collect.

EDIT- and I Freecycle anything that could be of use to others, so that's a form of recycling (or at least reusing) I suppose.

Im wondering wether to join Freecycle or not ! :huh:

I always fill a blue bin each month. Most of it is junk mail!!

I recycle the envelopes that come whenever I buy something from ebay - those lovely plastic bag and padded envelopes, so if I need to send something then they get reused.

Everything just about. I put all tins and plastics into carrier bags which I put in the boot of the car when full and take them when I go to the supermarket. They can go in the bin together still in the carrier bag now- you don't have to do any sorting. Glass I collect in a separate carrier. I do paper in the blue bin and freecycle as much as i can. I also get a lot of things second hand like furniture because I prefer it. Oh don't compost though as we have a small back yard only.

My dad lives in Lincolshire and they have everything recycled kerbside. That would be great.

We have bags in the kitchen for paper, glass, plastic and aluminium. Tis a pain in the bum transporting it to Asda (our nearest recycling point) with not having a car any more. Not impossible though.

My mum retired to France a few years ago and all they have to do is chuck anything recycleable into one bin (apart from paper which is seperate) and it all gets taken away, washed and seperated into the different types.

Wow, I didn't realise so many people don't recycle. It's second nature to me now. I recycle pretty much everything. I haven't filled my outside bin to the top for years and it only goes out for collection about once a month.

I recycle plastics, cans, paper, glass and cardboard. Old clothes, toys and household items go to charity.

Although my first bit might sound a bit critical, it's not meant to. I don't think the recycling areas are accessible to many who don't have their own transport. Without a car I'd have to throw a lot of my recycling in with the household waste. I think there should be more ways to recycle to encourage and help people to do so. The main reason I started was so I would be used to it by the time the council start charging us per kilo on our household bins.

I'd also like a composter, but usually the animals will eat most leftovers!

I haven't filled my outside bin to the top for years and it only goes out for collection about once a month.

QUOTE]

I was amazed at how empty my black bin was after I started recycling!

Everything that there are bins for at the supermarket gets recycled.

Bags get filled (with recyclables) during the week and taken to supermarket when we do our weekly shop... no effort really, we have to go shopping regularly anyway.

Before moving to Sheffield + getting the car I would take stuff on my bike as we got enough to fill a bag.