Saving loose change.

Hello.

I was just counting up our change 1p's, 2p's £2.00 coins to pay for the road tax! and started to wonder how many people actually collect loose change to save for a rainy day?

It makes me wonder how much money is lying around in our homes.

I know someone who saved £1200 in £2.00 coins, the most we have saved in £2.00 coins was £350.

Whats the most you have saved.

:hihi:

I generally save about £35 per month in loose change, which comes to about £420 a year.

Our piggy banks for different coins have paid for our holidays for the last 10 years.

Every evening we empty our pockets. We don't miss it at the time but doesn't half add up over a year.

A lad who I worked with was emptying his recently deceased brother in laws house before the council nailed it and found almost a grand in coins in jars.

i usually put my loose change in an old coffee pot the grandkids + gert take my loose change from the old coffee pot:(

We save 1s,2s and 5s.

Anything above that my OH always manages to spend :hihi:

We save 1s,2s and 5s.

Anything above that my OH always manages to spend :hihi:

Someones obviously taught her well.

20p's are a good one to save. Nice and small so they don't need a massive jar. Adds up in no time and counting them gives the kids something to do.Tell 'em they can have 10% of the total and they can work that out too.

I save 20p's and £2 coins. For some weird reason (now custom and practice) I put the 20p's in a tin money box in the shape of a post box. When it's full I have to spend hours getting the coins out through the slit with a knife.

I've got one tin for coppers and 5p's and another for £1 coins.

I did a thread about my £1 tin recently.

I have an 'in times of plenty' box which gets my pound coins (to be used in times of need). The last time I emptied it there was about £90 in it.