Ross And Brand - How Far Is Too Far?

I think Brand needed it. Hopefully now he won't die an idiot with no self awareness. Bless him.

And hopefully he will die soon

I think that Game for a Laugh, Candid Camera, Beadle's About etc were funny because it put people in strange situations, and was monitored so as not to be accused of insulting or offensive behaviour. And I believe that they always got the victim's permission before broadcasting.

What Ross & Russ did was offensive, insulting, crass, crude, self indulgent, schoolboyish attempts at humour, which, Praise the Lord, has backfired on them big style.

Not very funny now, is it Tw*tman & Slobbin.

The others who must hang their heads in shame are the BBC. Someone there sanctioned the broadcasting of this tripe, (or was that someone too afraid of Woss to say no), and they could have moved a lot quicker when the story broke, suspended the duo, issued grovelling apologies, and kept it a lot more "in house".

Mind you, deep down I'm glad they didn't. How good is it to see Woss taken down a peg or two. Now that really is funny. :D:D:D

Good job you didn't leave than on his answering machine, that would be harrassment :)

Wossy has been too big for his boots for some time. He has got away with all sorts in the past and thought he could continue to do so. I recall watching his chat show a year or so ago and the last episode of the series him and one of his guests (can't remember who it was) totally trashed the set.

He was very funny at one time but he's had his day.

Thank you, but your congratulations are misplaced.

Those who heard/saw/read the facts of what was said on the show are as capable of forming their own conclusions as those who heard the original broadcast.

That The Mail and The Sun have reported the issue simply gives those who support Ross and Brands' actions a convenient hook on which to place their criticisms of the detractors.

I believe you may have missed my point here. I am not doubting your ability to form your own opinion, nor am I in any way attempting to defend the utterly infantile and unforgivable actions of Ross or Brand. What I am attempting to point out is that without the story appearing in The Mail on Sunday, and subsequently The Mail and The Sun, most of us who choose not to listen to Brand's allegedly humourous radio show would be blissfully unaware of the content of that show.

Are we getting just a teensy bit carried away on our high-horses here?

Reading this thread it is quite amusing to see the seething hatred of Ross and Brand. I wonder, if it had been a couple of comedians who didn't split opinion so, would people on here still be wishing for them to be sacked, flogged and, in PuressenceUK's case, killed?

...What I am attempting to point out is that without the story appearing in The Mail on Sunday, and subsequently The Mail and The Sun, most of us who choose not to listen to Brand's allegedly humourous radio show would be blissfully unaware of the content of that show.

Of course, though that's rather a moot point unless you're going to use the reputation of those papers - and the stereotyped image of those who buy them - as a means of disparaging many of Brand and Ross' detractors.

Those who missed the original broadcast, and read The Mail, became of aware of the issue through that channel. Those who similarly missed the broadcast subsequently became aware of the issue through other routes. Who initially reported the issue, and by what means, isn't the point. Of course the tabloids are now whipping up a storm, but that doesn't detract from the content of the issue and people's ability to reach their own conclusions on the matter.

Neeeeeigh - we're not! :hihi:

Does anyone know how much The Sun is paying her for all the exclusives?

Dunno, but she was bound to say he was crap. Bet she's had more pricks than a dartboard! People should be more selective, then this stuff does not come back at them!

No - I've wished death on the talentless prat years before this row started.