Your fave film of 2008

Another vote for Mamma mia best film ever,Also enjoyed the boy in the striped pyjamas.

Watched Iron Man by chance . . . thought it was fantastic. Off topic slightly, but eventully watched Oldboy yesterday, what a film!

I'm gonna go slightly off the beaten track and nominate In Bruges, simply for the fine performances by Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson.

I'd have to agree with that. Most films so far this year haven't really impressed me but In Bruges was a pleasant surprise. I'm still not sure how a film about two Irish blokes arguing with each other for 90 minutes can be so good. A great script and great performances by Farrell and Gleeson. :thumbsup:

There's been a lot of great films this year. I'll say The Orphanage was my favourite, just because no one else has mentioned it yet.

But yeah, Iron Man, Dark Knight, Hellboy 2, There Will be Blood, Tropic Thunder and No Country For Old Men were all superb.

I also enjoyed the Hulk film more than I thought I would.

Agree with In Bruges, genius film!! Also loved The Orphanage and Boy in Striped Pyjamas! Also, Man on Wire and The Wave were two I also found very interesting!

For the summer season Iron Man and Dark Knight were certainly high-points.

I really enjoyed Iron Man, it kind of snook up on me as I don't think it was pushed as much as say Spiderman or Batman. The origins of Iron Man have been dealt with now so hopefully a sequel will be match X2 for entertainment!

I'd have to agree with that. Most films so far this year haven't really impressed me but In Bruges was a pleasant surprise. I'm still not sure how a film about two Irish blokes arguing with each other for 90 minutes can be so good. A great script and great performances by Farrell and Gleeson. :thumbsup:

You forgot the racist dwarf.

"Ken. Ken **** me they're filming midgets in snow. That's ******* brilliant that."

I think so far mine has to be "In Bruges" - I found it hilarious.

I haven't seen a few films that I intend to as yet - so this may not be my final answer....

Mine would be:

- Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

- Dark Knight

- Hellboy II: The Golden Army

- Body of Lies

Thank you